Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!

Re: Spotify Family

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi @d2hamilton !

Welcome to the community!

• Your daughter only can accept the invitation when she is on free.
  • Of course you can, but you will paid for those 5 members, even if your daughter is in premium and she doesn't accept yet your invitation, but you can send him the invitation when you want.

DocSoton
Casual Listener

...and what if I already have a prepaid 12 month account?  How can I then simply add a £5 family member?

Cheers

OviiiOne
Community Legend
Hi and welcome to the community!

If you already paid for a x members family plan, you can't add a new member adding £5 to your plan, you need to cancel it and paid for another family plan with the number of members you want.

Re: Discount Family Subscriptions!

grhodes3536
Casual Listener

Can you please clarify what "expire your premium" account means exactly? I (dad) just purchased the family plan but my kids have been using Spotify for much longer and have many songs and playlists they do not want to lose. What will happen when they make the switch to my family plan?

grhodes3536
Casual Listener

Can you please clarify what expire your premium account means exactly? I just purchased the family plan but my kids have been using Spotify for much longer and have many songs and playlists they do not want to lose. What will happen when they make the switch to my family plan?

1 person liked this

OviiiOne
Community Legend

expire your premium subscription means downgrade to free.

if your kids switch to family plan, the only thing they will lost is sync songs, the playlists don't dissapear, once they are in family plan they can sync their songs again.

MichaelJerzak
Community Legend

This is so Exciting :D. so Glad Spotify Finally decided to do this :)

Michael. A Spotify Knight in Shining Armor.
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Legend
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!
1 person liked this

DocSoton
Casual Listener

So, can I assume as youre rather fippantly telling me to simply cancel a £120 account, that any remining credit, 11 months worth, would simply sit on my account, so I could sign up for ME+1 which would use this up?

I cant imagin for 1 minute that you awould tell me to just write it off and sign up for a new account.

I really dont understand why I cant just add individual members to my currnet premium subs.

rgruyters

Same here. How Spotify Family currently is working is not really user friendly. Other sites have managed it why can't Spotify?

It would be user friendly if the main (family) accoun can add or remove users. (as goes for the payments) 

Liam
Community Legend
What about families with more than 4 users?
SUGGESTED POSTS