Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Solved!

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Hey guys,

I would like to subscribe to the spotify family offer.

When I tried to subscribe, I read the following sentence : "You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy".

So it means that if I study in a different place that my parents are living in, I can't subscribe to this option ? Even if I can proove that they are my family ..?

Thank you in advance and I apologize for the english mistakes 🙂

Yours sincerely,

Neija

75 Replies

Yes it worked mate. Just make sure everyone has same address, postcode/zipcode and country before sending invites. Good luck

I feel exactly the same

since they refuse to budge and stick with their rules I’ve been telling people to just find a new alternative like SoundCloud or just download YouTube paid version and make a music playlist there 

Spotify is such a beep to talk to with such beep customer service 

wish I could curse to show my frustration but they’re like pg13

Yes they are stupid!! Please spread word about how they discriminate against divorced families and won’t let us use the family plan

instead offered we all purchase separately aka 9.99*4= ~$40 a month 

what rip offs right?

I hate Spotify because they are trying to be so stubborn 

did you find a new music app that you enjoy? Please do share so I can tell my subscribers, friends and family! 

my friends and i are able to subscribe to family plan. 

one of my friend who were already a subscribed user, changed her plan to family, then send us the invitation link. 

from the link, i join and fill in my new address which is same with the main subscriber. 

so now we're staying "together". 😃

I am using the largest online shopping service (can't name it on here) which includes a decent music service. I think it's a smaller catalogue but if you have it anyway for shopping benefits it's not a bad option, plus it has tv shows and movies as a bonus. If it's catalogue expanded I think it would kill Spotify.

I wanted to add my name ot the list of disattisfied account holders. My daughter asked me to upgrade to family plan so she could be added, but it seems that as she has had to move to another town for work she is not eligible. So I won't be doing it after all. 

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. 

Hey, I haven't subscribed to the family plan yet because I read about the address thing.

We wanna change our premium accounts to the family plan since it's cheaper, but my family doesn't live in the same address than me, same country tho.

I don't want to subscribe if I'm not sure if it will work.

What can I do?

Bye Bye Spotify.

Such an idotic Idea.

Every other Streaming-Provider only want that you life in the same country.

It would make more sense if you name your service "Same Adress Plan" and not "Family Plan" 

I subscribed to a Family Share in Spotify. Is it possible even I am in the Hong Kong and my friends are in Spain? Can we still share the Spotify plan?

We understand.

We well and truly understand the dumb policy. 

We're all say its dumb, not that we don't understand. 

I want to put my sister who lives a town over from me on this. 

Or my father who I see and stay with but don't live with. 

Not my roommate. Why? Because I don't want to waste my money on that freeloader. 

Get it together. 

People are cancelling because of it, **bleep**. U guys are the losers here  

can i still listen to music away from my home? i travel frequently and stay away from home a lot, as does my family. thank you!

If you are all registered at the same home address, postcode/zipcode/area code, and same country of origin as the person setting up the account, then yes. You can listen where ever you go. My whole family are spread out and it still works perfectly for us.

hi.. how can i view my address in family premium? once i invite my family problem in address occur.. not match.. any idea? hope for response. thanks

You all need to sign into your individual accounts through the web browser. If any of you have created an account through Facebook, you won’t have an address set, so make sure to sign into the Spotify website with an email and password. This will give you the option to enter more details. Then, each of you needs to set your address and country to be the same as the account holder. Make sure everyone has done this before you send out the invites, or it will not work. I hope this helps and happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts