Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family, address - how to change?

Solved!

Spotify Family, address - how to change?

Hi,

I filled in an uncorrect address when I just joined Spotify Family - I used my work address but the zipcode of my home. Don't ask me why, I am just stuppid oke 🙂

Sadly, I am unable to find an adjust settings page for Spotify Family address.

Who can help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@exFAT

Get in contact with the Spotify support by clicking the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Problem solved? Please "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi there! @exFAT

You can change your account details by clicking the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Hi Astame,

You're correct, I can change MY account settings at that location. This was easy to find, and was the location where I also looked the first time trying to adjust it.

Sadly, this is inrelevant with the Premium Family address you filled in at the start.

Hopefully somebody can solve my issue.

Thanks

Hope

Marked as solution

@exFAT

Get in contact with the Spotify support by clicking the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

My wife has Spotify Premium. I  tried to sign up for Family plan. For some reason my address shows me in USA. I don't live in USA. My wife and I live in Canada at the same address. I am increasingly frustrated by lack of basic support from Spotify. Please let me sign up or login to Spotify premium for family.

Found this after a fair bit of searching, i had the same problem and it looks like this might bea  problem Spotify might want to fix.

How can I change the address on my Premium for Family plan?

It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan. 

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account (make sure you sign out everywhere and cancel the plan on your old account beforehand) and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account.

I too have this problem.

In the FAQ it suggest you close down your current account with your current subscription and create a new account altogether.

I've been with spotify since the start, and my account is tied to my email address. I am loathe to close down my account just for this oversight.

Furthermore, even when I send the invite I created to my partner, she can't even confirm the (wrong) address I entered. It just shows a "600" error with a vague "something went wrong / please try again" warning.
She has a free account, and she has tried logging in via facebook. Neither work.

I too have this problem.

In the FAQ it suggest you close down your current account with your current subscription and create a new account altogether.

I've been with spotify since the start, and my account is tied to my email address. I am loathe to close down my account just for this oversight.

Furthermore, even when I send the invite I created to my partner, she can't even confirm the (wrong) address I entered. It just shows a "600" error with a vague "something went wrong / please try again" warning.
She has a free account, and she has tried logging in via facebook. Neither work.

Hi,

Here's what I did.

I just chatted under help>account>premium family>still need help and it will route you to chat.The agent will give you the address just ask for it

I have the following address in my history. When I click it, it takes me back to the Family Address page. I couldn't post it as a link, but it is:

www.spotify.com/uk/family/address

I haven't tried proceeding beyond that, in case it somehow banjaxes my wife's invite.

Hi, tried changing my adress and the name of the owner from the link you sent (my country's version), and it looks like it works but when I send a new invitation it still says it comes from the old owner of the family plan (with the old adress I suppose). So no way to change it I suppose. I'll try to contact Spotify Support and hope they can help.

Suggested posts