Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - combine premium members

Solved!

Spotify Family - combine premium members

I've been a Premium member for a couple years now, and I also set up two other people in my family with Premiums members ships a years or two ago. I'd like to take advantage of the Spotify Family plan (and add the fourth person in the family who's been piggybacking). But the other two members in my family don't want to lose everything they've accumulated over the years – saved playlists and albums, connected friends, etc.

In looking through the documentation, I don't see how I can achieve this. It looks like the other two members would have to cancel their subscriptions and go to the Free plan before I can invite them. Is that true? If so, can they still keep their playelists, etc.? 

Not sure if my situation is a unique one, but I can't seem to find clear directions to help me. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! So, they'll need to create new accounts. Once those new accounts are created, you would then contact Support and ask them to tie the old usernames to the new accounts. Doing this should allow you to keep all playlists as they can merge them over. 

They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! So, they'll need to create new accounts. Once those new accounts are created, you would then contact Support and ask them to tie the old usernames to the new accounts. Doing this should allow you to keep all playlists as they can merge them over. 

They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

Thanks! And I just realized I posted this message in the wrong topic/section.

All good - I can move it. (Moved to Accounts and Subscriptions)

Hi There

I am having the same issue. Did you succeed in moving to spotify family and keeping the playlists of all the ex.premium accounts once combined into the family account ? Thnak's from France

@JudeAndres 

When you move to the family plan you will not lose your playlists.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you !

Suggested posts