Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Free --> Not So Free

Solved!

Spotify Free --> Not So Free

In the UK I see that Spotify Free comes with conditions of no more than 5 plays of the same song.

I've been a Spotify User since it first started and progressively see the meaning of the word "free" eroded.

I'll never pay to use Spotify and hanging on till they completely redefine the word "free".

It's interesting to watch the gradual degradation of their original morals as greed takes hold.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi guys,

This limit is not intended to push users towards a subscription. It was initially needed so we could offer the free service in the long run. We were very pleased to lift this 5 play limit for most of our markets not too long ago, and we're working hard to bring these improvements to the entire service.

Anyway, once six months have been reached a time limit will be applied to the account, as well as a 5 play limit for those users in the UK and France. The music is still free.

It's also worth mentioning here that Spotify does not recommend creating a false Facebook account. This would be a break of Facebook terms and conditions.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The "Free" is that you can listen to music without buying it (CD's / MP3's from iTunes). I think ti's pretty fair all considering. What do you expect of "Free"?

As said there is no such thing as "Free lunch" or a "Free car" Someone always pays for it somehow.

Just my 2 cents

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

It is true that Spotify is doing a bit of false advertising when they say "a world of free music awaits you". It's only free for six months, then you get the limits that pretty much force you to pay.

However, just make a new false facebook account and get an extra six months of free! 

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

This limit is not intended to push users towards a subscription. It was initially needed so we could offer the free service in the long run. We were very pleased to lift this 5 play limit for most of our markets not too long ago, and we're working hard to bring these improvements to the entire service.

Anyway, once six months have been reached a time limit will be applied to the account, as well as a 5 play limit for those users in the UK and France. The music is still free.

It's also worth mentioning here that Spotify does not recommend creating a false Facebook account. This would be a break of Facebook terms and conditions.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Except if you live in the USA, where no time limits or play limits are applied even after 6 months.

Suggested posts