Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Gift Cards and Student Discounts

Spotify Gift Cards and Student Discounts

I purchased an e-gift card for myself, so I can pre-pay for services without linking my spotify to my bank account...

I bought the card thinking it was a $10 gift card, however after I purchased it, I noticed that it says "$10---1 month". Since I am paying

$5 for premium because I am a student, will I get 2 months because I am not under a $10/month subscription ? Let me know please.. because if I just paid $10 for 1 month instead of 2 months, I want a refund lol.

EDIT:  I paid $10 for an e-gift card FOR MYSELF and redeemed it under my STUDENT account ($5/month), and I am only getting ONE MONTH even though I should be getting 2. I want my money back, or at least another month of premium... because I techinically pre-paid for 2 months.

3 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately the gift card doesn't work with discounts like Student discount.

Unfortunately, Student discount is only valid on recurring monthly subscriptions from a credit or debit card and can't be used when redeeming gift cards.
It is stated in the gift/e Card terms that cards are redeemable for services, and not their cash value.

You may also just buy an prepaid Credit Card (like 3V card) with $20 on it, this way you'll have 2 months of premium, and Spotify doesn't have your bankaccount.

This prepaid credit card (debitcard) isn't usable after the $20 (so it's not like an real credit card where you can get like -10$.

WOW. I wish Spotfiy specified that somewhere. HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK ?

You may try to get in touch with Spotify to see if they can do something for you, however.. It's stated in the terms and conditions, so I can't promise you anything.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts