Spotify Hifi

Solved!
Highlighted
57 people liked this

Spotify Hifi

Gig Goer
‎2017-03-02 11:30 AM

Hi!

Heard about Spotify Hifi. That you are testing this. I would really like to try it out! Since I am a long time faithful customer. Please? :)

9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
2 people liked this

Re: Spotify Hifi

Concert Regular
‎2017-09-05 08:10 PM
This Spotify FLAC is amazing… much better quality than Tidal! Too bad it only works on the browser for now, hopefully they get iPhone working soon!

Music Lover
‎2017-09-23 08:43 AM

Please let me "try" it too...   :)

6 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2017-09-26 06:00 PM

The trials are ongoing via the ios ap and into the browser on chrome. Sound quality is superb by way.  Not sure when it will be finished but Ive only found a couple of minor glitches so far. I will be buying it when it gets its official release.. Still have a fair amount of test time left(think it was 3 months test time)

1 person liked this

Garage Band
‎2017-10-01 11:43 AM

I got an email invite. I remember asking somewher when they were looking for volanteers. alas I cant remember where it was but might have been here. Devialet is good stuff. I can clearly hear the difference, and especially on headphones but also through my big telefunken speakers. Just a bit more of everything(256kb/s is actually quite decent but I have done ab with my flac files via jriver with same music and it matches this)

Sorry I cant be of more help as it was a while ago I asked. You need ios to run the test program app and have to delete the normal one from the tablet.

5 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-10-05 11:00 AM

I sure hope they release it soon on all formats, I've switched to Tidal lately after aquering a decent Amp/hifi headphones. I prefer Spotify over Tidal on every thinkable varialbe, except the sound quality ofc... Many with me will switch back to Spotify once they release a hifi version. 

1 person liked this

Festival VIP
3 weeks ago

I actually prefer Spotify premum to Tidal. Yes, I'm using very good gear.

Its not just the bit rate that makes the difference, its the codec.  Remember, this is streaming not playing from a CD or vinyl.  For me Spotify sounds 'tighter,' and less processed.  Therer are some benefits to Tidal also, but slightly more detail for me is less preferable to a watery, processed sound.

As for the 'good gear,' its streaming through your computer or phone at the end of the day.  An old CD or vinyl Hi Fi is always going to sound better.  Doesn't matter what the bit rate is. 

Streaming at high bit rates is still in its infancy and will get there eventually.  But for now I wont be paying double the price for Tidal.

Music Lover
3 weeks ago

Please invite me to the beta

Concert VIP
2 weeks ago
I heard it! It’s just a matter of patience.

Re: reply

Edited
Garage Band
Friday

as far as i know hifi beta is over.

371 Replies
3 people liked this

Concert Regular
‎2017-03-02 04:10 PM

Me too :))

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-03-02 04:57 PM

Me too!

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-03-02 05:07 PM
Me four!! :)
1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-03-02 05:20 PM
Me too!!!
9 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-03-02 06:30 PM

Please. Will cancel TIDAL for an invite!!!!

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-03-02 06:39 PM
I don't mind trying it out! Maybe I can delete 175 GB from my HDD. Is there a way to "apply" for beta testing? Do anyone know the khz and bit rate?
1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-03-02 07:52 PM

QUISIERA PROBAR EL SERVICIO 

3 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-03-02 09:52 PM
How to subscribe?
6 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-03-02 10:49 PM

Me 2, gonna quit my Tidal HiFi right away!

SUGGESTED POSTS