Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Hifi

Spotify Hifi

Hi!

Heard about Spotify Hifi. That you are testing this. I would really like to try it out! Since I am a long time faithful customer. Please? 🙂

588 Replies

Move over to Tidal folks, if you want hifi sound. I suspect Spotify won't release lossless anytime soon. 

No. Just that they were sorry when I left ...

No THK

I am also looking forward to lossless quality

This Spotify FLAC is amazing… much better quality than Tidal! Too bad it only works on the browser for now, hopefully they get iPhone working soon!

so you're on a trial ?

I would like to try Hifi too!

Sorry I was just kidding, i couldn't resist.

I am currently on both Tidal and Spotfiy. I often find things on Spotify and move the playlists to Tidal with soundiz.com.

Not a long term solution, but will see how it shakes out. I don't think Spotify is doing HiFi.

No

I used to do exactly the same with Qobuz - use spotify for finding, then Qobuz for listening. Deezer have just released their offering in hifi, so long as you have a device that can stream it (a chromecast audio for example). It was just limited to Sonos owners before but now opened out to "Sony, Samsung, Yamaha, Bang & Olufsen, Onkyo, AudioPro, Devialet, and Pioneer Wi-Fi speakers. The service will be accessible via Chromecast Audio or, if using speakers that have Chromecast built-in, Deezer’s mobile app" (quoted from The Verge)

That"s what I use Tidal for today. Spotify for finding musik. Tidal for
listening

Sorry, but as work around I find it rather crazy

I also would like to receive invitation to hi fi, thank you 

I was waiting for the Spotify HiFi since March 2017 but it looks like Spotify HiFi will never be released. I think they don't have the required bandwidth.

In the meantime, TIDAL is getting more subscribers every day.

I really enjoy TIDAL HiFi tier FLAC streams, which are CD-quality lossless streams that come through at 44.1 kHz / 16 bit. 

Spotify offers only  96, 160 or 320 kbt/s. It is far more inferior to TIDAL HiFi tier FLAC streams, which are CD-quality lossless streams that come through at 44.1 kHz / 16 bit  

You forgot to mention MARANTZ as all  MARANTZ receivers support Deezer, TIDAL, and Spotify.

Would also love a high quality streaming service with Spotify. Please

Deezer is cooperating with MQA to bring hi-res streaming, not only CD quality.. my question is, if Spotify and Apple will answer to that too.. i am using Tidal and Audirvana on my mac, but i really want to see hi-res as mainstream finally. 

I'm waiting for the same quality in my next cellphone. Go for it Tidal and
Spotify.

Plus Deezer is offering cd quality streaming for only 120 Euros for the first year....same cost as Spotify premium (it then goes to 20 Euros per month). I'm currently trying it out for a month but there's a huge downside to Deezer that will probably keep me on Spotify even without the hifi, and that's that Deezer will only allow 3 devices to linked to the account (and like Spotify only 1 at a time playing). For a house with many tablets, phones and a pc it's a huge pain to have to go search for the ones that have it installed, or swap out one of the tablets if the Mrs wants to go for a run and listen to music. 

Suggested posts