Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop and Andriod Phone

Operating System

Windows 10 and Andriod Marshmellow

My Question or Issue

I recently read that if I connect my Facebook account to my Spotify account, my Facebook name will be displayed on my Spotify profile instead of my original Spotify name. So I tried this, and successfully connected my accounts. But for some reason my Spotify display name has not changed to my Facebook name.

I read on this support page (https://support.spotify.com/is/article/using-spotify-with-facebook/?ref=related) that "It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be visible." It's been a month now, and no change. I tried connecting my accounts through both my PC and my Android Spotify apps, and neither one seems to have worked. I checked and the two accounts are still connected. I can successfully log in into Spotify using my Facebook account too. But for some reason that name won't change.

So I guess long story short: Why has my Spotify display name not changed to my Facebook name?

3 Replies

Hey, @JstnMcBrd -

Sometimes you won't be able to see your Facebook username displayed on your profile, but it will be displayed to other users.

But if others can't see your Facebook username, I suggest disconnecting your Facebook account and connecting it again;

If you need anything else, please reply 🙂

Hi, thank you for your response.

My friends on spotify cannot see my Facebook name either, even after disconnecting and reconnecting my accounts.

Hey, @JstnMcBrd -

That's not cool! I suggest getting in touch with Spotify Support via this contact form so they can have a closer look.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts