Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Malaysia - Premium

Solved!

Spotify Malaysia - Premium

I am trying to sign up for premium but my current Maybank debit card is rejected. My card not activated for international use so would that be the issue here?

Furthermore, why isn't there a paypal option for Malaysia? I use paypal when I want to make payments for things I buy online from other countries.

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes, your card does need to be open for foreign purchased as outlined in this help page

As for why PayPal is missing, I have no clue! Maybe those agreements have not been made yet!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Some debit cards won't authorise repeat payments for some reason. You could contact your bank to get an explanation. Your other option is to use a different card or use your debit card to buy e-cards.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes, your card does need to be open for foreign purchased as outlined in this help page

As for why PayPal is missing, I have no clue! Maybe those agreements have not been made yet!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! Am having a problem with the premium account subscription. This month am enable to use the same card (Maybank Visa debit card) which I already use for the last month payment on the same account. Below are the notification that I received after tried to make the payment.

Sorry, we couldn't process your order. This may be a result of your payment card or PayPal account being registered in a different country to the one you chose. Please try again or contact customer support if the problem remains.

FYI, I don't have any other account on Spotify except under traisoon.

Looking forward for your reply soon. 
Marked as solution

Some debit cards won't authorise repeat payments for some reason. You could contact your bank to get an explanation. Your other option is to use a different card or use your debit card to buy e-cards.

Hi, just wondering if you ever got to solve your problem? I'm trying to use Maybank debit as well to upgrade to the premium but I can't seem to get it done. It always gives me an error. 

I have the same problem too.. and I have checked with the bank.. my card no problem.. n it was active for any international purchases n online purchase.. but spotify still give me an error too

The help page link is not working.

Currently having this problem with my maybank debit card. This is very inconvenient. Pls give a solution. Thanks 

For me the problem is the same with spotify. i can't subscribe to family premium using my maybank debit card eventhough i have activated my international purchase. when i called the bank they say is ok to go but when i tried everytime it always says the same message which is "please activate your international e-commerce payment or use different payment". that is a bummer to not be able to use your debit card. I hope that i can use paypal for spotify in Malaysia.  are you guys still having the same problem as me or is there a solution to this matter ?

hey, it so frustrated. i had solved this problem by changed my methods of
payment. I'm using digi prepaid payment. I'm not sure if paypal is
available. Why dont you just give it a try.

mobile payment is available at premium level for single but it cannot be use for Family premium. I know cause i've tried it before and paypal still out on spotify malaysia. very dissapointed right now. appreciate your comment though

I am having the same problem. I tried to get premium with my Maybank Debit Visa and it was declined for international e-commerce reasons. I called Maybank and they activated all the right things.

But I got the same error when I tried again. I called Maybank again and they said they had only 1 request for authorization—before I if activated international e-commerce. After that, it seems Spotify declined the request before even contacting the bank. This has been true for at least 2 days. 

I'd like to find a way to get Spotify Family Premium but they make it very difficult. 

i can't subscribe to family premium using my maybank debit card eventhough i have activated my international purchase. when i called the bank they say is ok to go but when i tried everytime it always says the same message which is "please activate your international e-commerce payment or use different payment"..  why this is happening?

PLEASE PEOPLE I NEED HELP

I waited at least 1 week after I activated international ecommerce on my
Maybank Debit card. Then I tried again—and it finally worked for me.

Hello there. I'm not sure why is that happen. I have called the bank and
they gave the same answer. So i decided to changed the payment method by
using my billing digi. But i'm not sure if these method might be useful for
the family account. Afterwards, i changed back to debit for the next
payment and it works 😅

i guess i have to wait for a week too to try again

Can I use CIMB or RHB debit card to pay for the premium version?  Or will it be the same issue like the Maybank debit card? 

Hi..

how do i cancel subscription which is attached to my phone number?

Suggested posts