Spotify Malaysia - Premium

Solved!

Spotify Malaysia - Premium

claireisme

I am trying to sign up for premium but my current Maybank debit card is rejected. My card not activated for international use so would that be the issue here?

Furthermore, why isn't there a paypal option for Malaysia? I use paypal when I want to make payments for things I buy online from other countries.

Please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify Malaysia - Premium

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Yes, your card does need to be open for foreign purchased as outlined in this help page

As for why PayPal is missing, I have no clue! Maybe those agreements have not been made yet!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Some debit cards won't authorise repeat payments for some reason. You could contact your bank to get an explanation. Your other option is to use a different card or use your debit card to buy e-cards.

17 Replies
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Yes, your card does need to be open for foreign purchased as outlined in this help page

As for why PayPal is missing, I have no clue! Maybe those agreements have not been made yet!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

traisoon

Hi! Am having a problem with the premium account subscription. This month am enable to use the same card (Maybank Visa debit card) which I already use for the last month payment on the same account. Below are the notification that I received after tried to make the payment.

Sorry, we couldn't process your order. This may be a result of your payment card or PayPal account being registered in a different country to the one you chose. Please try again or contact customer support if the problem remains.

FYI, I don't have any other account on Spotify except under traisoon.

Looking forward for your reply soon. 
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Some debit cards won't authorise repeat payments for some reason. You could contact your bank to get an explanation. Your other option is to use a different card or use your debit card to buy e-cards.

shikaboom

Hi, just wondering if you ever got to solve your problem? I'm trying to use Maybank debit as well to upgrade to the premium but I can't seem to get it done. It always gives me an error. 

Nourvie88
Regular
I have the same problem too.. and I have checked with the bank.. my card no problem.. n it was active for any international purchases n online purchase.. but spotify still give me an error too

blacksnow94

The help page link is not working.

aaronhu1994

Currently having this problem with my maybank debit card. This is very inconvenient. Pls give a solution. Thanks 

FrozenSypher
Casual Listener

For me the problem is the same with spotify. i can't subscribe to family premium using my maybank debit card eventhough i have activated my international purchase. when i called the bank they say is ok to go but when i tried everytime it always says the same message which is "please activate your international e-commerce payment or use different payment". that is a bummer to not be able to use your debit card. I hope that i can use paypal for spotify in Malaysia.  are you guys still having the same problem as me or is there a solution to this matter ?

Nourvie88
Regular
hey, it so frustrated. i had solved this problem by changed my methods of
payment. I'm using digi prepaid payment. I'm not sure if paypal is
available. Why dont you just give it a try.
SUGGESTED POSTS