Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Name/Image not updating after linking to Facebook.

Solved!

Spotify Name/Image not updating after linking to Facebook.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Facebook attempted to close my account, leading to Spotify changing my name to its username (bunch of numbers). I since recovered my Facebook account and re-linked it to Spotify however the name/profile image isn't updating to reflect my Facebook information.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pure3,

Thanks for reaching out. The behavior that you see a bunch of numbers (Spotify's username form) after disconnecting your Facebook account is completely normal.

Though have you tried reconnecting your Facebook account to your Spotify after you recover your Facebook account? As my knowledge, your display name (Facebook name) should reappear after you reconnect your Facebook account.

Please let me know if this helps or you have any kinds of other questions.

Cheers,

Arda.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Pure3,

Thanks for reaching out. The behavior that you see a bunch of numbers (Spotify's username form) after disconnecting your Facebook account is completely normal.

Though have you tried reconnecting your Facebook account to your Spotify after you recover your Facebook account? As my knowledge, your display name (Facebook name) should reappear after you reconnect your Facebook account.

Please let me know if this helps or you have any kinds of other questions.

Cheers,

Arda.

Thanks for the prompt response, it seems like it just took a while for the API to update. Looks to be working now. Cheers.

Suggested posts