Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Name Won't Return to Facebook Name

Solved!

Spotify Name Won't Return to Facebook Name

So, as I deactivated my Facebook account briefly and revoked access to Facebook from the apps page (https://www.spotify.com/tw/account/apps/), my Spotify username turned to numbers. That's normal and it has happened to me before when I previously deactivated. However, when I activated my Facebook account and connected it to my Spotify Account again, my name did not return and there's no longer an option to revoke access (or restore access, for that matter) to Facebook. There is also no longer anything under the Social heading under settings in the app.

What steps should I take in order to return my Spotify name to my Facebook name?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Taiwan

Operating System

Windows 10

Annotation 2019-09-21 185151.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sekhem,

thanks for posting !

Please visit your account page over at Spotify.com, head to the account overview, untab "Process My Facebook Data" then tab it on back again.

This action should "shake" things up and help resync it all.

However, if you find yourself deactivating your FB account often, you may want to consider creating an e-mail based account to avoid these changes from happening all the time.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sekhem,

thanks for posting !

Please visit your account page over at Spotify.com, head to the account overview, untab "Process My Facebook Data" then tab it on back again.

This action should "shake" things up and help resync it all.

However, if you find yourself deactivating your FB account often, you may want to consider creating an e-mail based account to avoid these changes from happening all the time.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts