Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Desktop and Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android Pi

My Question or Issue

I recently deactivated my Facebook account that I used to create the spotify account with and now my name is a bunch of letters and numbers. I reactivated Facebook so I could see my name instead of the letters and numbers and I still can't see my name but can view my friends list and such.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to make a new account?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Chezmuffin,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random letters and numbers.

I'm adding this help guide on how to change usernames in case you need further help.

On top of that, you can "Sign out everywhere" on your account page online, Re-check FB permissions on your FB page and log back in using your FB details.

Note: It might take up to 24hrs so give it a bit of time.

Hope this helps 😃

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there @Chezmuffin,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random letters and numbers.

I'm adding this help guide on how to change usernames in case you need further help.

On top of that, you can "Sign out everywhere" on your account page online, Re-check FB permissions on your FB page and log back in using your FB details.

Hope this helps 😃

Marked as solution

Hey there @Chezmuffin,

Hope this helps 😃

Suggested posts