Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Officially Launch on South Korea Today, but seems got critical issue in Account Registration

Spotify Officially Launch on South Korea Today, but seems got critical issue in Account Registration

Plan

Premium

Country

South Korea

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

there's no announcement of tip message in Spotify's Account Registration page on Korean Language.

there's no describtion of Spotify's Nickname system and warning message under the Nickname regist form.

as example, i've type the my nickname as 'B1GN05E'. now my nickname in profile page is 'ejuq5dl3vyg39ijqcgfwydq3a'

there's no 'Free Plan' in South Korea spotify region, so guess most of new customers will be regist account right away with pay the premium plan, so almost impossible to revert those nickname issues to most of customers in that region.

that would potentially cause tons of Customer Support ticket to South Korea Office, guess must checked before official launch day.

7 Replies

That seems normal. You can see your setted nickname at open.spotify.com and also change on spotify app on mobile. You can't modify that random string of username on account page.

Check out this article : https://support.spotify.com/article/change-my-username/

Isn't that called 'Unique ID'? not the 'Nickname'.

so those are just Translation problem?

if there's certian limited rule for Nickname charactors, then i think it should show the guide message under the form.

It's called Nickname in korean. It looks like translation problem.

Hey @user-removed and @user-removed, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

When creating a Spotify account you get a username and a display name. Check out the article linked by @user-removed for more details on the differences between the two and how they serve you.  

We can also confirm that the free plan is currently not available in South Korea. You can check all available subscription options here

It'd be useful if you can send us some screenshots of the spot where you noticed a translation mismatch. This will help us investigate further. Just attach the images to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks @lvan I've attached screenshot to attachment.
As I attached, on account page in kr-ko, it is displayed as "닉네임" that is Nickname as English. It should be changed to "사용자 이름" to be username.
Also on this support page article(kr-ko), is is translated as "닉네임" ether. this also needs to be changed to "사용자 이름".

and for future, that Username section seems to have connection to this support page  or it should not show up on Account page so users don't wonder what this means and find a way to change it.

Screenshot_2021-02-04 계정 전체보기 - Spotify(1).png

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

We want to thank you for your feedback and the detailed explanation you provided with the image attached. 

We can confirm that your info has been passed on to the right folks and they're already looking into it.

Make sure you always keep your Spotify app updated to ensure you're on the latest version. This way you'll spot the difference once this is fixed. 

Cheers!  

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

The translation is now updated and it should be reflected on the Account Overview pages, displayed correctly as 사용자 이름. The term ID - 아이디, would still be used in some context though. 

We're always super happy to enhance our terminology and further improve the local experience for our users, and Community feedback is one of the best and most direct ways for us to receive feedback from our local users.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts