Spotify, Onkyo 626 and Facebook-Login no Mail with my Passwort

Solved!

Spotify, Onkyo 626 and Facebook-Login no Mail with my Passwort

hello,

since three days i ve been waiting for my spotify passwort,

i have a onkyo 626 and a facebook-spotify account,
i have my devicenumber but the mail with the password i dont receive

Wähle ein Kennwort für deine Geräte

To use Spotify on your devices, you need to set a separate password and log in with the username provided.

Your device username is: 113***770

An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to ***@gmx.tm

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem here. By the way, I seem to never have received any Emails from Spotify but I have not cancelled the newsletters. Have contacted the support now.

UPDATE:

I´ve found a solution! I have changed my primary mail in Facebook. Afterwards I had to wait for about 30 minutes, then the new Email-adress was taken over to the spotify profile. I tried to set up the device password again, and it worked instantly!

Seems to be a porblem with some mail providers.

In my case a switch from @freenet.de to @googlemail.com worked.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get one of those emails out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Same problem here. By the way, I seem to never have received any Emails from Spotify but I have not cancelled the newsletters. Have contacted the support now.

UPDATE:

I´ve found a solution! I have changed my primary mail in Facebook. Afterwards I had to wait for about 30 minutes, then the new Email-adress was taken over to the spotify profile. I tried to set up the device password again, and it worked instantly!

Seems to be a porblem with some mail providers.

In my case a switch from @freenet.de to @googlemail.com worked.

Thanks for sharing your solution @Digger198 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks thanks thanks... i wil try it now...

i hope it works!

Good luck! Hope it will work.

As mentioned it took time until spotify recognized the mail change in facebook. I recommend to log out from facebook after changing the mail adress there. Then you should also log out from spotify and try to log in again, using your new facebook login (new primary email).

After a while the new mail should be visible in your spotify profile and then you can try the device setup again.

Spoiler
Spoiler

... it works!

Spoiler

my music, my birthday!

thank you very much!

Great! You´re welcome 🙂

Suggested posts