Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Mischarge?

Spotify Premium Mischarge?

Hi there, I saw an ad on the Spotify.com website offering premium for €5.99 per month after the first trial month.

So I signed up wanting to avail of this offer, I cancelled my Tidal subscribtion to switch over. When I completed everything and entered my payment details then it somehow changed to say I would be charged €9.99.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get it back down to the originally agreed price which I was more than happy to pay.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 20.59.05.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-13 at 20.59.47.png

7 Replies

Hey there!

No worries, we'll help clear things up.

The regular price for Premium is €9.99. We also have a discounted price of €5.99 if you're a student. 

You can find out more about this here.  

We hope this helps! 

🙂

Hi Steph_B,

Thanks for your reply.

I am a student, however if you look at the screenshots I attached,

It mentions nothing about being a student, it just offered me €5.99 per month for premium all the way to the end and when I entered payment details it changed to €9.99 - I think that was very misleading.

I just followed your link to the spotify/student and that just redirected me to a page offering premium for €9.99 which I already have.

Could you help me get the offer I initially signed up for (€5.99) please. Because unfortunately if I cant get back to this rate I will have to cancel my subscription before the free month ends.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome!

Can you let us know in which country you're currently located?

Also, let us know the link of the page where you saw this pricing.

We'll take a closer look.

I'm currently in Ireland.

I just followed the page that came up when I searched spotify.com
When the page reloads its displays as - https://www.spotify.com/cz/premium/

This is the page that comes up everytime I go to Spotify in my browser.

I have attached a screenshot of my view below also.

Appreciate your help, thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.27.51.png

Thanks!

It seems you're looking at our Czech website.

We recommend you head here to subscribe to Premium.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

i normally have the student discount spotify premium and i have been charged £14.99 for it and i want an quick money back return.

I was doing the trial for a month, it worked for the first day and for some reason, it reset and I never got to try it, so I assumed Spotify erased my trial and credit card details. I just checked my credit card and I was charged $9.99. I would like to get a refund and cancel my subscription (if it pushed through) as I did not avail of any trial.

Screenshot_20180402-162637.png

Suggested posts