Announcements

Spotify Premium Mischarge?

Spotify Premium Mischarge?

andy_lynch

Hi there, I saw an ad on the Spotify.com website offering premium for €5.99 per month after the first trial month.

So I signed up wanting to avail of this offer, I cancelled my Tidal subscribtion to switch over. When I completed everything and entered my payment details then it somehow changed to say I would be charged €9.99.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get it back down to the originally agreed price which I was more than happy to pay.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 20.59.05.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-13 at 20.59.47.png

7 Replies

Steph_B

Hey there!

No worries, we'll help clear things up.

The regular price for Premium is €9.99. We also have a discounted price of €5.99 if you're a student. 

You can find out more about this here.  

We hope this helps! 

🙂

andy_lynch

Hi Steph_B,

Thanks for your reply.

I am a student, however if you look at the screenshots I attached,

It mentions nothing about being a student, it just offered me €5.99 per month for premium all the way to the end and when I entered payment details it changed to €9.99 - I think that was very misleading.

I just followed your link to the spotify/student and that just redirected me to a page offering premium for €9.99 which I already have.

Could you help me get the offer I initially signed up for (€5.99) please. Because unfortunately if I cant get back to this rate I will have to cancel my subscription before the free month ends.

Thanks for your help.

Steph_B

You're welcome!

Can you let us know in which country you're currently located?

Also, let us know the link of the page where you saw this pricing.

We'll take a closer look.

andy_lynch

I'm currently in Ireland.

I just followed the page that came up when I searched spotify.com
When the page reloads its displays as - https://www.spotify.com/cz/premium/

This is the page that comes up everytime I go to Spotify in my browser.

I have attached a screenshot of my view below also.

Appreciate your help, thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.27.51.png

Steph_B

Thanks!

It seems you're looking at our Czech website.

We recommend you head here to subscribe to Premium.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

amanrajvirdee

i normally have the student discount spotify premium and i have been charged £14.99 for it and i want an quick money back return.

christinaypay

I was doing the trial for a month, it worked for the first day and for some reason, it reset and I never got to try it, so I assumed Spotify erased my trial and credit card details. I just checked my credit card and I was charged $9.99. I would like to get a refund and cancel my subscription (if it pushed through) as I did not avail of any trial.

Screenshot_20180402-162637.png

Suggested posts

Env: prod