Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium. Paypal Error

Solved!

Spotify Premium. Paypal Error

First of all, Spotify just launched yesterday in the Philippines.

I'm trying to buy a premium subscription so I can sync as many music as I can for offline playing. I also happen to have a verified Paypal account that I use for regular online transactions. I also registered using an exclusive preview link for Philippine users. But its still giving me an error. It says that I should use a Paypal account registered in my country (which I do have, as well!) .. alas, didn't work.

Could it have something to do with the fact that Spotify just launched in my country and several services are not up yet?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All that is available to you at the moment is the 30 day trial, linked to the coca cola promotion. Once the trial ends, you won't be able to use spotify unless they actually launch the full service in your country.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

That's strange. Is your paypal account linked to a Philippines based debit/credit card?

Yes, I am using a debit card from the Philippines.

I'm speculating that maybe all the systems are not yet setup for our country?

I was doing it through the mobile. But when I try to click the 'upgrade' from my desktop, it still says there is still a limit for our market. Confusing, huh.

Looking at this article, it doesn't llook as if a full launch has yet taken place.

As said above, Spotify has just launched in the Philippines via the launch promotion with Coca-cola. Hopefully this means general public release won't be far away!

If you would like anymore details, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter. I was finally able to get a Premium subscription using my Paypal account. Not sure how, but it worked. I am now on the 30-day free trial. I'm curious though, where can I find my subscription details? Each time I click on the "Subscriptions" through the profile overview, I get a message saying: 

Sorry, subscriptions are not currently available in your market.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Marked as solution

All that is available to you at the moment is the 30 day trial, linked to the coca cola promotion. Once the trial ends, you won't be able to use spotify unless they actually launch the full service in your country.

Okay.. I guess I'll just have to wait for an official announcment (hopefully soon). Thanks again for your patience.

No worries - I'm guessing they wouldn't be doing this promotion unless they had plans to go to a full launch. Fingers crossed ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, new user here, and really liking spotify here in the philippines. Got a couple of questions though... i installed the ios spotify app on my iphone and after logging in using my newly created account, it gave me an option for a 30-day free premium trial. I used my paypal account as the link asked for a method of payment and i was able to get the free premium trial and using it now on my iphone. 

My problem is that when i checked my account and look at my subscription, it says that its not available in my country. I was able to get the premium trial though and even got a receipt from spotify. I'm wondering though how will i be able to cancel the free trial if i decide to do so since it says its not available in my country.  Thanks in advance for any advice ๐Ÿ™‚

I would imagine the full launch will take place before your free trial is over so your subscription can be activated properly.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Anyone from US,Canada,UK who would like  help me to get spotify premium as spotify is not available in my country so i cant subscribe.I am going to pay you money beforehand so anyone who want to help me please contact me 

Email id-queenstyle085@gmail.com

Please help me I am desperate to get the subscription

Suggested posts