Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium in Romania ?

Solved!

Spotify Premium in Romania ?

Users in Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Switzerland can use Spotify, but only under the Premium service.

Firstly,I couldn't sign up in any way with me being from Romania,so I created a free account with a proxy and now I'm trying to buy a Premium subscription.I have read that I need the account to be set the same country as the credit card for the transaction to work.I have closed the proxy and I can't select Romania.

So,I was wondering if the feature is really still avaiable and if there is any way to use Spotify in Romania with a premium service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If the account is funded by a Swedish payment card then yes, he will be able to use his "Swedish" account anywhere in the world, including Romania. From your point of view, it would probably be safest to create the account yourself then pass the login information to him rather than sharing your credit card details with him.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify will be available in Romania from November 28th - https://www.stefanblog.com/2017/03/spotify-romania.html

View solution in original post

68 Replies

BUMP !

No, I'm afraid not. As Romania isn't a launch country, you won't be able to use a Romanian payment card.

For any launch-related news, keep an eye on our blog: www.spotify.com/blog/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Then please remove that fake advertising from your website

"Users in Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Switzerland can use Spotify, but only under the Premium service."

Where you see this infrmation? Spotify does not have those things on site.

If you mean this site, http://www.spotify-forum.com/what_is_spotify.php, it's not a official site or even related to Spotify in any way!

Spotify is currently available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In Estonia, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Romania, the Premium service was offered until July 2009, but never the free version. Currently only customers with credit cards issued or with Paypal account in one of the above-mentioned launch countries can buy a Premium account.

hey there. i was wondering, i have been using spotify for over a year in finland, but i'll be moving back to romania. until now i have paid the premium with a finnish bank account, but after my move i will have to close the account. i switched to unlimited since i'm not using spotify on anything else than laptop...but if paying premium is the only way for foreign country use, i'd switch it back any moment.

i wonder if there is any way of paying the subscription like paypal or something? i'd really love to have spotify with me 😞 

Hey rekamno!

First of all, you can travel with Spotify using either Unlimited or Premium. If you're just using your laptop (and don't want offline playlists) sounds like Unlimited is all you need. 

However, the monthly payments for Unlimited need to be from a card/ PayPal registered in a Spotify supported country. If you close the account in Finland you won't be able to continue paying from a Romanian account. 

One option is always to pre-pay for a year's worth now or purchasing e-codes from our website while you have the account in Finland. 

@rekamano wrote:

hey there. i was wondering, i have been using spotify for over a year in finland, but i'll be moving back to romania. until now i have paid the premium with a finnish bank account, but after my move i will have to close the account. i switched to unlimited since i'm not using spotify on anything else than laptop...but if paying premium is the only way for foreign country use, i'd switch it back any moment.

i wonder if there is any way of paying the subscription like paypal or something? i'd really love to have spotify with me 😞 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You get unlimited abroad access on both premium and unlimited, but you would need to subscribe and pay from a country where Spotify is available such as Finland and continue to leave your account and payment registered there for all of the time you are in Romania. Your payment method must match the country specified on your Spotify account (which has to be a country where Spotify has launched), meaning you can't tie a romanian payment method to your account, even using PayPal.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks for the fast answers!

sad news, well then i think i will have to make a one year subscription and hope i'm back by that time. or then ask someone to make the payment.

i got too much comfy with not having to fill up my computer with music, and still have access to all that matters 😄 

this is so awkward.

just like roshan, the thread starter, I live in Romania. 

From Romania, you can't access the spotify website, not to mention the desktop app.

So, the only solution is with proxy, facebook login, yada-yada, I bet you guys know the trick, so here I am, with a free account, commercials included, the service is great and I love it.

The problem is, I really want to pay for this service, and you guys won't let me 🙂

not with a credit card, not with paypal.

I'm not questioning the legal stuff about payments, but I do know that I can pay the subscription for Netflix trough PayPal (and it's the same situation - service not available in Romania, -> proxy -> account -> monthly subscription)

Aaanyway. rekamano (from above) even if he pays upfront for a full year, he still needs to bypass the IP with proxy when he moves back from Finland. Not cool.

The main question is: are there any negotiations regarding the launch of Spotify in Romania? We've got all sorts of ripoffs after Spotify, like Zonga (http://asculta.zonga.ro/) or other services like Deezer. But they all suck!

So if there are such services, this means that the copyrights & publishing issues should not be an obstacle?

What could keep Spotify away from these countries like Romania, Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal etc?

I've heard that in Germany it's a stupid law regarding the copyright infringement, not really sure.

So, Spotify, why won't you take our money? 🙂

I was really looking forward to the announcement made that Spotify will be available in other European countries as well, only to find out that Romania was not among those countries. 😞 I'm really sad, mostly because of the fact that people here are still seen as a third-world country, marginalized by services like this one, because they are afraid of piracy, while in turn, encouraging piracy exactly because they do not offer paying alternatives. Its kind of a vicious circle. Oh well, maybe someone else wants my money more than Spotify.

I'm sure it will get there eventually, I was quite surprised to see it launching in Bulgaria and not Romania myself. 

Peter

Still no intention to make Spotify available in Romania, so I can get premium feature?!

Don't blame Spotify, blame our own dinosaurs like UPFR. Some voices say that it will be launching in Romania from February. Looking forward to it.

http://www.emilionescu.com/2013/12/spotify-chiar-vine-in-romania.html

How much longer should we wait for Spotify in Romania? Im waiting for this since 2011. Come on Spotify.

The only option I can think of is trying to buy a spotify gift card with your romanian payment method and using that via the spotify website (I can't say if that will work or not), try getting a US ZIP code from somewhere, ie a hotel, and use that when it asks for an address. If it doesn't work, try ebay or amazon for a giftcard.

Im using this method now, but every 2 weeks i have to use proxy to reactivated. I want premium so this is not a solution...

Do you mean you are using a proxy so you can buy gift cards? If you are no a premium member unfortunately I think you can't get past the 14 day restriction without connecting via proxy. If you are a premium member, you should be able to listen without getting kicked off every 14 days.

i'd say try searcing for someone who is in a country where Spotify is launched already and make a deal so they pay it from their credit card, and you pay it to them.... a friend or someone. 

I personally got mine while i was in Finland, and kept my bank account alive only to have Spotify 😕 

it's pretty much pain in the a** to have to reactivate so often... when one really would like to pay, why is that hard to do.

It's not down to payments, sadly it's down to music licensing which is a complicated business!

It is worth pointing out for others reading this, Spotify do not recommend purchasing a subscription or gift codes from anywhere other than Spotify.com or via an approved high street retailer as physical gift cards.

Peter

Suggested posts