Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium on Facebook

Solved!

Spotify Premium on Facebook

Plan : Spotify Premium

Device : iPhone 6, iPhone XS, Samsung Galaxy A7, Samsung Galaxy S7, MacBook Air 2017, ChromeCast 3, Google Home Mini.

Operating System iOS 12.1.4, MacOS Mojave 10.14.3, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

So I previously used to use Spotify in the United States using my facebook account. Now I'm back in india and signed up again in India using a local credit card. Can anyone suggest how I can sign in to my different phones without actually using my facebook account? Cannot use this in my Smart TV and Home Personal Assistant (which is used by everyone in the house) without sharing my FaceBook account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @KicKStarT49.

Thanks for the reply! 

That is up to you. I don't recommend it, and here are some alternative options. Follow these steps to switch to a new account: 

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have passed since you signed up for itl
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with the same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @KicKStarT49, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

If you'd like to use Spotify without Facebook, there are steps here to disconnect. If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, then you won't be able to disconnect.

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey, thanks for the information! So shall I just delete my account and
create a new account?
Marked as solution

Hey @KicKStarT49.

Thanks for the reply! 

That is up to you. I don't recommend it, and here are some alternative options. Follow these steps to switch to a new account: 

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have passed since you signed up for itl
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with the same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts