Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium overseas and data bills

Solved!

Spotify Premium overseas and data bills

Dear Spotify.

I currently have Spotify free, and I'm trying to convince my parents to let me get premium before I leave to go on exchange overseas. My Dad, though, doesn't quite understand about how the whole download-ing thing works. Can I confirm, please correct me if I'm wrong, that if I download my music to my spotify app here in Australia, when I arrive in England and listen to it over there, my parents won't be recieving any massive bills for overseas use of data? That when I play music, it is playing stright from the downloaded versions on the app, and therefor not using internet data?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community

@georgiemck5 Yes you are correct about how if you downloaded your songs in Australia before you headed over to England you wont be using your data. May i ask what device you are using. Because what you could do also, just as a precaution, is disable your cellular data so then you wont get any charges at all when you are overseas. If you dont plan on using your phone while in England, except for using your phone to listen to music on spotify, you could also just switch your phone onto airplane mode and you wont have to worry about those oversea charges. 

Hope this helps, if you have any more question dont hesitiate to ask 🙂

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community

@georgiemck5 Yes you are correct about how if you downloaded your songs in Australia before you headed over to England you wont be using your data. May i ask what device you are using. Because what you could do also, just as a precaution, is disable your cellular data so then you wont get any charges at all when you are overseas. If you dont plan on using your phone while in England, except for using your phone to listen to music on spotify, you could also just switch your phone onto airplane mode and you wont have to worry about those oversea charges. 

Hope this helps, if you have any more question dont hesitiate to ask 🙂

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

Thankyou!

Suggested posts