Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium was cancelled - but not by me..

Spotify Premium was cancelled - but not by me..

Hi,

I got Spotify Premium for Android on Dec, 2 2013, which means I'm paying 9.99 € every 2nd of each month since Jan, 2 2014. However, I just received an email that my Premium account (apparently) was cancelled on May, 2. My app overview in Google Play says I had cancelled my account and I could only used it till June, 2. But: I never cancelled my account! What can I do now to keep my account? Why was it cancelled in the first place? Although I'm having some troubles with Spotify on Android, it's working fine on my desktop PC so I definitely DON'T want to cancel it!

Thanks a lot for your help!

6 Replies

Were you paying for Spotify via Google Play? As far as I know, that payment method has been removed.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, exactly, I was paying via Google Play... So what should I do now in order to keep my account?

You should be able to re-upgrade from your online account using another payment method:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

@kathalo wrote:

Yeah, exactly, I was paying via Google Play... So what should I do now in order to keep my account?

You can go to this page here to update your payment details. And if you want, you also have the option to put it on your mobile carrier bill - to read more about using Boki for your subscription click here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

There it says "Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed 2014-06-02 and charged 9,99 € every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time."  So nothing about it being cancelled.. I suppose if I wait till June, 6 I can see if it really got cancelled or not and in case still use another payment method..?

Yeah looks like your account is still on Premium, so I would leave it until then and see what happens.

Peter

Suggested posts