Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium with Hulu switch to Duo?

Solved!

Spotify Premium with Hulu switch to Duo?

Plan

Spotify Premium with Hulu

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I currently have spotify premium with hulu, but my husband read about duo and was interested in having that instead.  However, when I look under plans it isn't an option.

Would I need to cancel or switch to premium just to get duo?  Would I then lose access to Hulu?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it. I changed my subscription from Premium + Hulu to Premium (without Hulu) and right after I could change to Premium Duo. Playlists in the account were not removed, everything stayed as before (except loosing Hulu)

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @arianaka33, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you switch to a different plan, you'll lose access to Hulu included with your Premium + Hulu bundle, and won't be able to get it back.

Could you try getting Premium Duo here? If that doesn't work, can you let me know what happens when you attempt to get started with Premium Duo?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried it for you. It doesn't work. the same error pops up. I am reluctant to cancel the hulu part just to try getting the duo if it still doesn't work. 

I am also having this problem. It is saying that i am not eligible for this offer.                               

Screenshot (5).png

I am also having this same problem.  I might just give up Hulu also.  But just want to know if I switch plans does all my playlist carry over?

I have the same issue. I am wondering if we can switch to Premium without Hulu and right after switch to duo. Will is solve the issue? And will we be able to do 2 subscription changes within the same hour?
Marked as solution

I solved it. I changed my subscription from Premium + Hulu to Premium (without Hulu) and right after I could change to Premium Duo. Playlists in the account were not removed, everything stayed as before (except loosing Hulu)

I just contacted Spotify, and they said that Premium+Hulu is not applicable for the Duo membership. If we want to get Duo, we have to drop Hulu. 

Hope this helps.

-CM

I do not work for Spotify so I cannot help you there. But I can tell you that the subscription you have (Premium+Hulu) does not exist anymore since May 2019. If you read section 2 here Spotify could have removed your Hulu plan when the offer expired: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/premium-with-hulu-offer-terms/

Now it does not surprise me that you cannot keep a grandfathered offer when you change your subscription to a new one.

This Duo plan could have been a real money maker for Spotify. My premium account is attached to Google Home, and my gf and I under the same roof, summons Assistant for music or Hulu content.  I would love to have our own playlists and discover weeklys for our individual tastes with Duo. 

However, making me drop the Hulu attached account, which is a must-have, is a deal-breaker!  My bill would go from 9.99 for both to 12.99(Duo) + 5.99/11.99(Hulu separate) ~ $19/25 ! No bueno.

Im sure tons of customers love the Hulu/Spotify combo and would pay an extra fee to retain Hulu w Duo, such as a 14.99 tier.  

But the reality is unfortunate-

Me, GF, & every other couple: Oooo Spotify Duo! This is perfect for us! Let's get it!

Spotify: Yeah, no, you have to drop Hulu and go get it separately if you still want it.

Everyone: No Hulu option? Ooh, yeah, thats not gonna happen. Ill deal with a few songs and playlists I don't like for the 9.99 thanks.  Good idea tho with Duo and all.  Good luck with that! 

Spotify: hmm. We should probably cut Hulu from these ppl. Then they'll join Duo. No choice! 

Everyone: Hey, Apple Music, wassup!?

I suggest you write an idea in their idea board. If you can get 100 ppl to upvote your idea in a year they'll look into it. But this topic is closed so nobody at Spotify will look at it:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

a

Suggested posts