Spotify Randomly Playing Songs

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 6 & Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When listening to songs on Spotify often the song will completely cut out and begin playing a 'random' song. When these random songs play they are always from very small accounts ( generally less than 10,000 monthly listeners ) and in addition to this when the songs are played the repeated loop is automatically put on and the sound is muted. I am certain that this is not someone accidentally logging into my account as these artists are more or less completely unknown. So far I haven't been able to find any other posts dealing with the same issue and haven't been able to find a solution myself.

10 Replies

This is happening to me too!

Hey there @BotNitro and @Hannahjdk,

Welcome to the Community! That doesn't sound cool - let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

First off, we'd suggest protecting your account to make sure it's not used by anyone other than yourself. 

If you feel that someone else might have accessed your account and made changes to Your Library, you should follow all the steps on this page. The support team will then help you secure your account and hand it back to you.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout in case you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, liked mentioned, no one is logged into my account and no changes to have my library have been made. Unfortunarely none of this information helps

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem. Spotify starts play the song Relapse by Reign or other songs of this artist without having even open my Tablet. Same thing while I'm listening to a my playlist, music stopped and again starts play song of this Reign. This thing is really annoying! Moroever I check my library and it seems that I'm following this Reign's account but I've never click "follow" because I don't even know who this artist is. What the **bleep** is going on? Is this a bug? 

Same problem.

My playlist abruptly stops mid song, some random music starts and its on repeat loop. You have to access device turn song off and go back into your own playlist. Then 15-20 mins later it happens again. Sometimes the same song, sometimes different.

I've reset passwords, deleted associated apps, etc. but still have no answer from Premium Spotify as to what is going on & how?

I'm having the same problem and it's always Relapse by Reign. Ive tried logging out all devices etc. This is incredibly annoying and has made me jump when it starts blasting without me even listening to music in the first place. Fix**bleep** spotify.

I changed all passwords and apparently it seems to be fixed...

I'm having the same exact problem with 2 or 3 songs. ( relapse by reign is also one of them so that supports the fact that its not just a random person logging into our accounts and playing it because its not a popular song) its a bit frustrating because i'm listening to my songs and favourite artists and all of a sudden in the middle of my song, these random songs start playing.

I’m having the same issue regardless of device I’m using.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts. We're happy to help you.

In this case we recommend you to follow the the steps that's provided here under Secure your account to really be 100% sure that there's no unauthorized activity on your account.

It's also a good idea to continue by logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side.

There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

Last we'd recommend checking this page for all the steps you can take to secure your account.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts