Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify STOPS playing after 2 seconds

Solved!

Spotify STOPS playing after 2 seconds

So basically Spotify stops playing after 2 seconds and it doesn't matter which song it is.  And if I try to play the song that just stopped after 2 seconds it wont play it at all, I can skip 30 or 1 minute into the song and it wont play, this happens with EVERY song. 

A few songs that stops after the 2 second mark can be played again, but no sound, but if I go away from them and click on them again, they wont play at all.

I've tried to reinstall way too many times, relogging, restarting pretty much done everything. And it's a premium account, so it's not the high quality streaming switch thats the problem here.

Does anyone have a smiliar problem? or are able to atleast help a bit, its really frustrating

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope. But I found a solution my self. 

I went to Account overview and logged out on all devices after that I went to Offline deivces and removed all 3. I then reinstalled spotify and restartet med computer and now it works perfectly! 🙂 

- Been trying to fix this the past 2 hours tho. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @ZolaGz

Do you have any antivirus/firewall software? Please try to disable it.

Does that solved your problem?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Marked as solution

Nope. But I found a solution my self. 

I went to Account overview and logged out on all devices after that I went to Offline deivces and removed all 3. I then reinstalled spotify and restartet med computer and now it works perfectly! 🙂 

- Been trying to fix this the past 2 hours tho. 

I had the same problem and logging out of all other devices worked, thanks!

This is a relatively new problem for me, I've been a paid spotify user for a long time now and I upgraded to premium duo and I have this problem persistently, I get into my car and start driving and the music stops. I'm busy trying to play it again and again. This sucks. I end up switching to apple music which doesn't seem to have a problem, I guess I'll switch to apple music if this continues 😞

Hey @shobithalva,

Sorry to see this has been going on!
Could you tell us more details about the issue? Are you using a Bluetooth connection to connect to your vehicle or a cable?
Does it occur only when your device connects to the car? If you haven't tested this, if possible, could you please check?

Aside from this, I'd recommend testing if performing a clean reinstall of the app would change the described behaviour.

Many thanks in advance!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There is an issue if u play on device 1, close the app, and continue on device 2 with another song. It can be solved by either waiting like 5 minutes (but thrn it can still happen that it starts a random song last heard) or change the output device on device 1 before closing the app.

Suggested posts