Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify SUDDENLY hates me! "Can't withdraw funds due to an error"

Spotify SUDDENLY hates me! "Can't withdraw funds due to an error"

my spotify just expired today "due to a payment error".

without having touched anything. my paypal is active and connected to my bank account as normal.

been paying for premium like this for over a year.

when i try and re-assign my paypal in spotify's subscription page, I get the error:

Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again.

WICKED.

Anyone know what's going on ?

Thanks.

4 Replies

just tried paying with my card (definitely sufficient funds) and it still tells me

Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again.

!!!! booo!!!!!!

Hi Henry,

There are a few conditions your card will have to meet for your payment to be successful. Firstly, the card needs to be open for e-commerce, so that you can use it for online purchases (Verified by Visa/Mastercard Securecard card) and foreign purchases.

Your card will also have to be issued in the same country as the country set your Spotify profile. You can try to update your profile yourself to ensure the card and profile countries match.

Alternatively, you could try and pay through a PayPal account. If you're still having trouble, it may be worth having a chat with your bank.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam -

Thanks for the reply, but it seems like you didn't read my messages.

• I've been using my PayPal account to pay for the premium service for over a year. It's linked directly with my bank account.

• The card which i've tried (which I don't actually want to use, i'm just doing so because Spotify has stopped accepting my PayPal) meets all of those requirements.

Hi Henry,

Sorry, I need to mention those conditions.

As I mentioned, if you're still having trouble, you should best contact your bank.

I would also suggest getting in touch with the payments team. Just head to 'About us', then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts