Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Samsung Smart TV stopped working?

Spotify Samsung Smart TV stopped working?

Hi there, not being thick or something but! Till this morning i had no issues with playing music on my TV unfortunately few hours ago it just kicked out my logged account and that is my lot.

When i'm trying to log in with FB or my username it says - required Spotify premium on this device? logical question dfq is that? i'm premium user so whats the problem?

4 Replies

Hi,

I have this issue too, with the same message. Here's an official statement why it isn't working anymore for some users:

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, the app will not be available on Samsung’s Legacy operating system on select 2015 and prior devices. For more information, and for other ways to stream on your TV, check this out.

It's not available anymore. That's why you've got that message saying about Spotify Premium. 

thank you kindly! obviously i need a new tely 🐵

Wow a 2 year old tv and they are just killing the app completely. Time to switch to Play Music then which conveniently appeared on my TV a few days ago.... well done spotify you just lost a very long standing customer.

I just finished to chat with samsung customer service. I cannot post the quote on quote chat, not sure the reason. but to make a long story short, she said that spotify made this decision, nothing to do with samsung and she did not oppose my comment that hey are trying to push customers in buy external streaming devices such as amazon tv, apple tv, etc. Very upsetting and frustrating.

Suggested posts