Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Says It's Playing on Other People's Devices

Solved!

Spotify Says It's Playing on Other People's Devices

Twice today Spotify has paused my playback and said it was playing on another user's device. The first one was a German iPhone and the second was a desktop computer. Nobody else has ever had access to my Spotify info. The first pause was when listening on my phone and the second was on the desktop app. I have signed out of all devices and changed my password to be on the safe side. 

My concern is that I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else with Spotify connect meaning it's a service issue or if my account was compromised somehow. I have been able to see what those people are playing and could conceivably have changed what they were listening to. Maybe my Spotify playback is showing up on other people's accounts, etc.

I can't seem to find an official help ticket system to post this and haven't used the community before, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place and please direct me to the right section.

Edit: I did find the link to submit a ticket with Spotify support. If anyone else happens to have more info though, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm in IT and maybe just being overly paranoid. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @deadwinston and welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone accessed your account. If you've changed your password and logged out of all devices, your account should be safe though. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @deadwinston and welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone accessed your account. If you've changed your password and logged out of all devices, your account should be safe though. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, I figured that was step 1 but just wanted to be sure there wasn't more I could do or a way to confirm if the account was compromised. Guess it didn't randomly happen to anyone else around the same time so it probably wasn't an error. I guess I'll just see if support has any detailed access info, but it's most likely just a compromised account. 

Suggested posts