Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Search SEO not showing my Playlists.

Spotify Search SEO not showing my Playlists.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(MacOS Mojave 10.14.2)

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify,

2 of My biggest playlists are not showing up in the search result, many keywords used in my description are not being taken in to appear in the Search Results. Looks like only the first 5 words are working and showing in the Search. 

I have been curating this playlist for 5 years now and i don't get why i get limitations on the search results of Spotify under most of the keywords used in my description.

Playlists 

Thank you,
Bernardo 

9 Replies

Hey there @islandbeats,

I run a search on the playlists you presented and was able to find them easily.

There are many playlists on Spotify under same keywords and namesso i'd say it makes sense it takes more than these common words to find a specific playlist y a specific user.

Note: a playlists that become more popular will pop up as some a the first seatch results.

Have a good one=)

I know how playlist and SEO work Thanks!. 

Spotify search will take into account approximately  135 characters of the description that will show on search however you combine them with the playlist title.

My characters are being limited to 20for this 2 playlists. You can try to search every playlist in the world and combine it with descriptive words and it will appear and take into account 120 characters at least.

EXAMPLE:

#Journey is the first word that appears in my playlist description. If you mix #Techno and #Journey the list appears on search.

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.03.55 AM.png

#Ocean is the seventh word that appears in my playlist description. If you mix #Techno and #Ocean it does not appear ( i scrolled down).

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.04.08 AM.png

Try it yourself.

My SEO  i'm being limited please help me solve this is really frustrating.

Best Regards!

Bernardo

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.03.55 AM.png

Hey @islandbeats.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand that you'd like to have your playlist show up using as many different keywords as possible. Due to the sheer amount of playlists available this won't always be possible however. There is only a certain amount of keywords that we can be associated with a playlist.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido, thanks for taking the time.

I know that only a certain amount of words will work. I'm telling you my lists did appear with all the words since last week, now they don't appear on search.

I've searched big playlists like mine, using keywords and they do appear.

I'm being limited by Spotify, this is not a random thing it would be nice if you can help me solve this or explain further.

Now my list Tech House does not take into account any of the words in the description, not even the first one.

Looks like Spotify fixed the issue with Minimal Techno list, but Tech House list is still having problems to appear on search, (HELP)

Before (yesterday)

After (today)

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 5.43.40 PM.png

Fixed, thanks Guido.

Yep. I just noticed that only the first 140 characters, of a playlist description, are searchable. If the entire description was searchable in the past, then it's a shame that was taken away.

Hi,

How did you fix it? I find my playlists going through the same struggle with SEO...

Thanks

I had a very same problem, but now it's solved. Thank you for creating this topic, OP. If only the problems with SEO could be solved so easily anywhere! I have a problem with my website right now. And it's similar to this one. I have perfect on page SEO and I use proper keywords, but somehow I don't have good ranking. One of my friends told me that I should use more off page SEO. He had even recommended me these (link removed) guys. He says that he used their service, and they do their job perfectly. Is it a good way to increase my ranking, BTW? Maybe someone here used crowd marketing before?

Reach out to (link removed), They provide SEO services for multiple clients, Had a pretty great feedback from friend of mine. 

Suggested posts