Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Recently I have been getting a lot of security issue emails from Spotify. The first time, I immediately changed my password and signed out everywhere and thought that would be the end of it. Then this morning, I received another email that said Spotify reseted my password because of suspicious activity. I was very concerned because none of my passwords are the same, even for my email and social media. So I changed my password again and signed out everywhere.

But then I noticed something. I wasn’t automatically signed out of Spotify on my apps. What if the person is using it there? Also, even though suspicious activity were detected, I don’t see any strange changes to my Spotify account. So this brings me to a few points I would like to make:

I hope for the sign out of everywhere to actually sign out of apps as well. If it was supposed to, then I guess the button is broken. Additionally, I hope those apps and the device with the apps would be located on the profile page. I have checked, but it says no apps found. I also hope that I would be able to see where and when the actual suspicious activity took place and even what device. And the final and one of the most important thing is that I want a two step verification option. At the very least, I would immediately know someone is trying to access my Spotify account.

1 Reply

Hi there @Valkyrie7

thanks for reaching out !

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your account.

Please make sure to follow all the protection steps provided here and here.

Furthermore, as your ideas fit to be raised on the "Ideas" section of the community, i would recommend posting them following the steps provided here.

It's important to mention that Spotify takes its users feedback very seriously and you can read more about how it reaches the right Spotify teams here.

I'm always around, let me know if there's anything else i can help with 🙂

Suggested posts