Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Support – Always This Bad?

Spotify Support – Always This Bad?

Alright, so I had a problem with downloads that neither the FAQ nor the forum could solve. I thus contacted Spotify's official support, got an automated reply that they would strive to get back to me within 2-3 days and heard – nothing.

This set a pattern of them trying to wait me out and only replying to repeated inquiries. Finally – over three weeks had passed – I got an explanation of my problem that made sense, together with the offer of a refund. Yay! At least that's what I thought.

And then again: Nothing. After a few days, I asked whether someone could please take care of this refund?

Again, nothing.

Another inquiry on my part, less gentle, asking whether there was a remote chance that I would ever see this refund happening. No response. A month had passed by now and I suppose they hope that I'll forget about it if they just make me wait long enough.

Is this a singular case? Did other people make better experiences? Did I just hit a pot of bad luck?

This has to be one of the worst customer support experiences I've had and unless people now tell me that this is not the norm, I'll probably be checking out the alternatives to Spotify as soon as I have some time to spare. Very disappointing because I really do like the program itself, but I consider decent support a part of the package...

2 Replies

Hi Rejuwi- I've just taken a look at your case and sent a response your way. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with this for sometime now. Please get back to us via that email if you have any other questions--we're happy to help. 

Dear Meredith,

Thank you very much. I was quite happy to receive your e-mail just now and will now conclude that my previous experience was a case of really bad luck.

Thanks again,

Rebecca

Suggested posts