Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify TOTALLY MISLEADING about what devices it supports!!

Spotify TOTALLY MISLEADING about what devices it supports!!

Before downloading Spotify (did the premium free trial) I did some research, including the Spotify FAQ that states that Spotify can be used with devices such as ipod nano, shuffle and touch. I wanted LEGAL way to get music onto my ipod so I felt that Spotify would be for me. Imagine my dismay when I download spotify and connet my ipod nano only to find out that I CAN NOT synch any spotify music onto it. Only local files that I ALREADY OWN can be used with spotify.

This is TOTALLY DECEPTIVE. Why bother stating that the ipod nano will work with spotify when it doesn't do anything that can't be done with itunes??? Why not make it CLEAR on the web site that you will not be able to listen to ANY spotify music on your ipod nano. Spotify is useless for an ipod nano. I already have itunes--I don't need another music player. The premium service is especially USELESS to me as I do not have an iphone or ipod touch. Thank GOD I did not pay for the service but what about all the others who paid for a membership only to find out after the fact that they would not be able to play spotify music on their device?? 

PLEASE make it more clear that NO SPOTIFY MUSIC CAN BE PLAYED ON AN IPOD NANO! This was a giant waste of my time!

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Where do you think the website is misleading exactly, can you provide a link?

On the iPod pages, such as this one it is pretty clear you can only sync local files.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Most smart phones can be used to listen to Spotify, not just iOS devices.

I just bought an iPod Nano 7th gen, based on the fact on your website that I could sync my local files to it from Spotify.  BUT Spotify won't recognize and show my ipod under devices.  I've now found a lot of info online about Spotify not beeing compatible with the newer iPod Nano which is funny because you neglect to mention that anywhere... and I bought the iPod Nano based on the information your provided and for the sole purpose to copy my local spotify music to listen to while at the gym.

Please could you confirm if spotify premium should recognize the Ipod Nano 7th gen or not.

Thank you.

@Amencos wrote:

I just bought an iPod Nano 7th gen, based on the fact on your website that I could sync my local files to it from Spotify.  BUT Spotify won't recognize and show my ipod under devices.  I've now found a lot of info online about Spotify not beeing compatible with the newer iPod Nano which is funny because you neglect to mention that anywhere... and I bought the iPod Nano based on the information your provided and for the sole purpose to copy my local spotify music to listen to while at the gym.

Please could you confirm if spotify premium should recognize the Ipod Nano 7th gen or not.

Thank you.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It "should" but it doesn't, due to this open bugs topic. Spotify does not currently have support for the new lightning connectors so it is unable to communicate with newer iPods. 

Just copy your content to your device using iTunes is all I can suggest (since you can only sync local files to an iPod nano anyways). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts