Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Philips 49PUS6412 (TV)

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

For a couple of weeks now, my TV app refuses to keep me logged in to my Spotify account. Each time I need to log in via either my phone or by entering my email address. Was there some kind of update recently which caused this problem? And how can I fix this? I just want the app to remember my username and password. Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ErikDB 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Take a look on the following link to get more information about Spotify on Android TV.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @ErikDB 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Take a look on the following link to get more information about Spotify on Android TV.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

I have similir situation on Sony TV (XE85) with Android Oreo. 

Hey, @Sareik 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks contacting us here.

Please, follow the steps that I said on the other message. 

And if you need more information or have any other questions, let me know here!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

I have the same issue: the Android TV Spotify application does not remember login/password information after a network disconnection. It's the only application that behaves like that, e.g. Google apps, Netflix and others do keep user identification.

It's really painful !

I have desinstalled/reinstalled Spotify, and rebooted the box several times, without any success.

I'm running Android TV 8.0.0 on a Xiaomi MiBox 3. Spotify version is 1.16.0 (16 April 2019).

I have a similar situation. Mine just randomly logs me out, it's not everytime. I am on a TCL Roku TV. 8113X

Software version : 9.0.0

I just gave up and don't use Spotify on the tv anymore. I got tired of it signing me out all the time. 

Hey, @PurrrfectWicked 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You need to open a new thread here in Community and we can help you with your case and that help us to analyze how many people are experiencing the same issue.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts