Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Solved!

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Hi,

I'll et straight to the point.

I'm quite annoyed as I have had to make 3 spotify accounts already because of this problem. Spotify seems to think that I'm Sweden when in reality I'm actually in Australia. Twice now I have not been able to listen to music because spotify blocks the use of music when I'm in the wrong country, obviously it thinks I'm in from Sweden but in Australia but the strange thing is that when I go to my account preferences to change my country to Asutralia because it automatically sets me as in Sweden it won't let me. Apparently I have a Swedish IP when I live in Australia...

This is becoming extremely annoying as I now have 3 accounts and only 1 works, however it still thinks I'm in sweden.

Regards, Marcus

212 Replies

Have the same trouble. My account is stick on USA but I'm In Ukraine and can't change that in my profile. Please help.

@Alien-san 

Sorry, but Spotify is not available in Ukraine.

You can view a full list of supported countries here:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Availability-in-overseas-territories

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So, the only way is a PRO ?

Do you live in Ukraine? If so, the premium subscription wouldn't work there either.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes I'm live In Ukraine. And Spotify is worked here before. It's sad.

I origianlly subscribed in Australia but live in NZ. I am changing my phone plan in nz and the new plan gives me spotify premium for free.... Anyway i have been trying to change my country to NZ instead of Australia and it wont let me.... Ive tried to change it the way it says on the onlline help, but it does not work...Please Help!

Hello!

I had the same issue. I used to live in Argentina and moved so my spotify account still appeared as in Argentina. 

You have to go to settings, and update your country. I had to do it several times before it worked.

hope it helps!

@Dani_Mck 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you change the country

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Regards, 

I'm having the same issue. 

I used to live in Panama, but haven't lived there in about six months. I can't access spotify, and cannot change my country manually nor when I visit the profile screen am I given any option to change countries (I am connected via Facebook and in Facebook I haven't listed Panama as where I live since I moved away). 

I live in the US Virgin Islands (like Puerto Rico, a territory of the US) and should have no issue using this here, as my IP address should reflect that I'm no longer in Panama and in the USVI. 

Would love this resolved as soon as possible since I haven't been able to use Spotify for months and the help sections under the Panama page (where I am automatically directed) are useless when it comes to resolving this issue. 

@alma_raymer

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, me and my gf we are having the exact same problem, we are from Colombia but for some reason it thinks we are at US. Can you help us please? my gf's username is psicodact. Thank you very much.

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem as the other.  I used to play my spotify in london, now i am in the caribbean, and i cant seem to log in. When i try with facebook,  it tells me i am in a different country. 

How can i fix that?

Amanda 

Hi!

I have this same problem with my account that I can't log in because my profile says I'm in different country. I was in Australia and changed my settings while being there but now I'm back in Finland. It's said everywhere that I can just change my country in my settings but that page isn't working at all. I can't actually change any details from my profile. What should I do? I'm getting frustrated.

Hi,

I'm looking for help with my account. When I originally signed up for spotify I lived in the UK. Now I am living in the US. Since then I have updated to a premium account (paid for by a US credit card) and have updated my facebook settings to the US as well. On my account page it defaults to the US (and I don't have the ability to change it because it is in gray). 

I just recently signed up for a family account and have tried to add my spouse but it keeps saying that I can't because I am in the UK. No where on my account or in facebook am I seeing that I am in the UK. How do I change this if the "change country" setting is not clickable?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem.  Not being able to lof in even though Im in UK and my profile says UK.

I live in the US, but I've been on vacation in Mexico for a month and Spotify has worked fine up until last night. Help?

I have the same problem, it thinks I'm in the USA but I live in Australia, now it wont let me log back in!

Hey, I have the same problem. I am living in Austria but Spotify thinks that I am in French. On the profile i can't change the country. 

Please Spotify help me. 

Andi 

My spotify is being exactly the same. I'm completely and utterly disappointed in the serice I'm receiving. You're asking me to pay yet you have terrible customer service. You don't even accept messages on Facebook. Change my settings to london because that's where I am. Look at my details its the same details for my spotify. Fix it

hi, i have that problem too, spotify thinks im in guatemala but i am in mexico

Suggested posts