Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Solved!

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Hi,

I'll et straight to the point.

I'm quite annoyed as I have had to make 3 spotify accounts already because of this problem. Spotify seems to think that I'm Sweden when in reality I'm actually in Australia. Twice now I have not been able to listen to music because spotify blocks the use of music when I'm in the wrong country, obviously it thinks I'm in from Sweden but in Australia but the strange thing is that when I go to my account preferences to change my country to Asutralia because it automatically sets me as in Sweden it won't let me. Apparently I have a Swedish IP when I live in Australia...

This is becoming extremely annoying as I now have 3 accounts and only 1 works, however it still thinks I'm in sweden.

Regards, Marcus

212 Replies

I am in the US in old bridge new jersey. I am trying to log into my account

Hi

I have the same problem. My family lives in Switzerland and I am in Australia for 8 months. My family has a premium account and since I am in Australia I can not use the spotify as a premium member and i can not change the country in my settings. Do you know how I can solve this issue?

thank you very much! 

I realize this discussion is kind of old, but I have a similar problem now. I started my premium account in Germany, then moved to the US for one year and therefore changed my location to the USA. Now I am back in Germany though and it won't let me change my location back to Germany. This is becoming a problem since I do not want to have to pay for my account in dollars.

I already tried the steps that spotify describes in its "HELP" section, they did not work for me though as the menu was different than describied there.

I would be very grateful for any help that could be offered as I do enjoy the usage of Spotify Premium and would hate to have to cancel it.

Thank you,

Franzi

I had this problem a few months ago. But somehow I was able to make the necessary changes in my account using my laptop, whereas previous attempts on my phone and tablet failed. Perhaps try that?

I already did try that, it also won't let me change my payment method to a German card. Very weird.

I take it back, I cancelled my premium subscription, then started it again with the card I want to use. I now pay in € but it still won't let me change my country to Germany and therefore won't let me add the student discount.

Marked as solution

Hey @Franzi98

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and then resubscribe to Premium with the new card info.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot! It finally changed to germany and everything works as I want it to.

Awesome. Good to know that...

https://open.spotify.com/track/2McU4Klpa6qm6Ol3o1KKoJ 

osorniosSpotify Star

Spotify won’t let me log on to my account as it’s saying that I can only access it from abroad for 14 days but I’ve not been abroad recently. I’ve tried going onto change the country but it’s still down as Great Britain which is correct. Would like to get this resolved as soon as possible because I’m paying for it but am unable to use it 

kind regards,

Cameron

Hey @cammyfyfe

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Still no luck logging in unfortunately, anything else it could possibly be?

cheers, Cammy 

@cammyfyfe

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts