Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Solved!

Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Hi,

I'll et straight to the point.

I'm quite annoyed as I have had to make 3 spotify accounts already because of this problem. Spotify seems to think that I'm Sweden when in reality I'm actually in Australia. Twice now I have not been able to listen to music because spotify blocks the use of music when I'm in the wrong country, obviously it thinks I'm in from Sweden but in Australia but the strange thing is that when I go to my account preferences to change my country to Asutralia because it automatically sets me as in Sweden it won't let me. Apparently I have a Swedish IP when I live in Australia...

This is becoming extremely annoying as I now have 3 accounts and only 1 works, however it still thinks I'm in sweden.

Regards, Marcus

212 Replies

Hi Peter,

Still no word from Spotify......

@MarkoZ - Asking about this for you now, apologies for the delay!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for all the help so far guys 🙂

Still no word from our friends at spotify though, nothing in the inbox or spamfolder

Dear community,

I also cannot change my country via the profile. The FAQ says I need to have an IP from the country I want to change it to.

I registered from Germany, I live in Germany and my IP is german (I tested it). Also I do not have any payment methods listed, as I am using the free version.

If someone from the support could change my country to germany I would be glad. As I needed to enter a postal code to save other profile information I just entered the one of NYC which is not the town im currently in.

Best regards,

flo10emrch

Hey @MarkoZ as long as you replied to the automated email, your case is in the queue and you should hear back shortly.

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Slightly relevant - why does the availability of tracks on the iOS and desktop clients differ? I've come across a few tracks in the last couple of weeks that play fine on my iPhone, but on the desktop player I get the notification that the track isn't available in my country. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

There shouldn't be any differences that I am aware off. Although I have seen it previously where an app caches tracks you have listened to, then those tracks get pulled from Spotify but the app is still able to see and play them.

Peter

Hi

I have tried to change my country settings but it will not be done. When I try to change my country via the "change payment" option it just says "something went wrong" every time. I am trying to change it from Denmark to Norway, so I can listen to music from my country when I am home. Why cannot this be done? Please help!!

Are you paying with a Danish or a Norwegian card?

I'm paying trough my cellphone company, who is Danish. Is that the problem? 

That will be why, your payment country and your Spotify country must be the same I'm afraid.

Peter

thanks for all the effort. My Spotify is working (almost) like before 🙂 

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as everybody above. I was a premium user and a stopped paying because from one day to another it started stating there was no spotify in my country.

I'll be glad to come back to the premium service as long as I can be logged in.

Please help! I'm from Portugal

João

Premium works in any country so I'm confused. Could you explain the exact sequence of what you experienced?

sorry, but i've replyedto a kinda' different post than my issue.... i've been using a free spotify account from some time now, and i've really enjoyed it but can't afford a premium one. now  I'm having this problem: considering that i live and have my account in Italy, when i went for vacation in Romania i tried to intall and use my spotify on a pc there but i got noticed that it wouldn't work there because that country does not support it, so i disinstalled it. Since i'm back in Italy i cannot go online with my apps here anymore since i get the message that the country i'm in does not corrispond to the one on my profile. going to my profile i see that my country is still Italy and i can not even change it or something.. Is my account stuck on some romanian ip? What can i do to get my account back up and running here in Italy? It is linked to my mail as also to my fb profile and i use it on windows 7 pc and android 4.2 samsung tablet. Thank u for your patience! 

Can you change your country to Ital y on this page?

the funny thing is that it's still on italy and can't be changed 🙂

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I will try that too. Thank u, or better said double-thanks, since u don't even work for spotify 🙂 Keep on!

Suggested posts