Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Solved!

Re: Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Peter__
Community Legend

Double strange, you are definitely logging in using the correct details? 

Its amazingly easy to have two accounts, one with a Spotify username (not email address) and password and another using your Facebook email address and password. 

What device is this happening on? Also have you recently subscribed or subscription renewed? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

cockneyprick
Regular

It's happening on a sony vaio, windows7 laptop. I've had account for a while now, first in sweden, then most recently in Ireland, but I'm now in the UK. My account was recently cancelled, but I reactivated it a few days ago and I updated my payment details and country of use. It could be possible that I have more than one account, though I don't believe so, and I never log in using fb.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

There is an easy way to tell luckily, when you log into your online overview where you can see your premium account is active, what is your username displayed as on that page? 

If that username is the one you are logging in using, let me know and I will get a member of the Spotify team to dig into this a little further for you!

Peter

Peter

cockneyprick
Regular

You were indeed correct, my username was different to the one that I had been using to log in, but I have used the correct one and now it's working! Thank you so much for your help!

Peter__
Community Legend

No worries my friend, anytime! :) 

Peter

Peter

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey! I read your discussion above and I have the same situation.

I created my account in Finland last year, then this summer I spent one month abroad and when I came back my account stoped working. In my profile it says that I am in Finland (correct), however when I try to log in it gives me the error message that the country does not match the one in my profile.

I verified my location with the credit card, I even bought a premium subcription and re-installed Spotify but nothing works. I am getting super angry and I'd like to contact some of the Spotify staff people.

Btw I am using Samsung Ultrabook with Windows 8. And I never loged in with FB or any other platform.

Thank you.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

You should never get the country error message if you have an active premium subscription.

Are you definitely logging in using your Spotify username and password not your email address?

If you are having issues still, get in touch with support using this form and they will be able to assist you ;) 

Peter

Peter

user-removed
Not applicable

haha I don't know if it was you or someone else, but suddenly my username changed back to the old one in my Profile page ;) before it was some random numerical username and I tried to connect with all possible combinations.

aaah so good to have my music back, thanks a lot! :)

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed - It wasn't me but who cares as long as its working! :) 

Peter

Peter

scottyboynz

The Spotify App says that im in the wrong country and wont connect and goes into offline mode :( when I click to update my country it has United States and is greyed out so I cant change it to New Zealand. how do I fix this? because at the moment I cant use it at all :( 

SUGGESTED POSTS