Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Solved!

Re: Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

Qualityacheat
I am in the US in old bridge new jersey. I am trying to log into my account

svenja8

Hi

I have the same problem. My family lives in Switzerland and I am in Australia for 8 months. My family has a premium account and since I am in Australia I can not use the spotify as a premium member and i can not change the country in my settings. Do you know how I can solve this issue?

thank you very much! 

Franzi98
Casual Listener

I realize this discussion is kind of old, but I have a similar problem now. I started my premium account in Germany, then moved to the US for one year and therefore changed my location to the USA. Now I am back in Germany though and it won't let me change my location back to Germany. This is becoming a problem since I do not want to have to pay for my account in dollars.

I already tried the steps that spotify describes in its "HELP" section, they did not work for me though as the menu was different than describied there.

I would be very grateful for any help that could be offered as I do enjoy the usage of Spotify Premium and would hate to have to cancel it.

Thank you,

Franzi

jwwijnen
Casual Listener

I had this problem a few months ago. But somehow I was able to make the necessary changes in my account using my laptop, whereas previous attempts on my phone and tablet failed. Perhaps try that?

Franzi98
Casual Listener

I already did try that, it also won't let me change my payment method to a German card. Very weird.

Franzi98
Casual Listener

I take it back, I cancelled my premium subscription, then started it again with the card I want to use. I now pay in € but it still won't let me change my country to Germany and therefore won't let me add the student discount.

Solution!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Franzi98

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and then resubscribe to Premium with the new card info.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Franzi98
Casual Listener

Thanks a lot! It finally changed to germany and everything works as I want it to.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Awesome. Good to know that...

https://open.spotify.com/track/2McU4Klpa6qm6Ol3o1KKoJ 

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong country

cammyfyfe
Casual Listener

Spotify won’t let me log on to my account as it’s saying that I can only access it from abroad for 14 days but I’ve not been abroad recently. I’ve tried going onto change the country but it’s still down as Great Britain which is correct. Would like to get this resolved as soon as possible because I’m paying for it but am unable to use it 

kind regards,

Cameron

SUGGESTED POSTS