Re: Spotify Thinks I'm in the Wrong Country

MarkoZ
Regular

Hi Peter,

Still no word from Spotify......

Peter__
Community Legend
@MarkoZ - Asking about this for you now, apologies for the delay!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

MarkoZ
Regular

Thanks for all the help so far guys :)

Still no word from our friends at spotify though, nothing in the inbox or spamfolder

flo10emrch
Casual Listener

Dear community,

I also cannot change my country via the profile. The FAQ says I need to have an IP from the country I want to change it to.

I registered from Germany, I live in Germany and my IP is german (I tested it). Also I do not have any payment methods listed, as I am using the free version.

If someone from the support could change my country to germany I would be glad. As I needed to enter a postal code to save other profile information I just entered the one of NYC which is not the town im currently in.

Best regards,

flo10emrch

Joe
Community Legend

Hey @MarkoZ as long as you replied to the automated email, your case is in the queue and you should hear back shortly.

Joe
Community Legend

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

arcanescientist
Music Fan

Slightly relevant - why does the availability of tracks on the iOS and desktop clients differ? I've come across a few tracks in the last couple of weeks that play fine on my iPhone, but on the desktop player I get the notification that the track isn't available in my country. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

Peter__
Community Legend
There shouldn't be any differences that I am aware off. Although I have seen it previously where an app caches tracks you have listened to, then those tracks get pulled from Spotify but the app is still able to see and play them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

camillamarta
Casual Listener

Hi

I have tried to change my country settings but it will not be done. When I try to change my country via the "change payment" option it just says "something went wrong" every time. I am trying to change it from Denmark to Norway, so I can listen to music from my country when I am home. Why cannot this be done? Please help!!

Joe
Community Legend

Are you paying with a Danish or a Norwegian card?

SUGGESTED POSTS