Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited

Solved!

Spotify Unlimited

I accidently upgraded to spotify premium from the unlimited plan, how do I get it back? I do not wan't permium because I do not have spotify on my phone but I do not want the free version with adds. I was really enjouying the one I had but now I connot get it back...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately Spotify Unlimited is no longer available as a subscription option (currently running Unlimited subscriptions are unaffected). The choice on Spotify is now Free or Premium only. 

If you wish to complain, you should get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

54 Replies

I did the same thing!! Please help!

I have the same problem, I want to change the visa card for tha payments and I canยดt continue with the Unlimited subscription, the system only allow to change to Premium. Iยดd like to continue in the Unlimited scheme, in other way I will cancel my subscription.

Also the same, I upgrade to Premium as I did every summer time but my surprise is that I can not go to unlimited again. I want my unlimited account. I have not receive any information about this change so I want my unlimited back again.

Of course I will cancel suscription if I canยดt return to Unlimited, I will not pay 10$

Cancel your current subscription:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Then go directly to the Unlimited upgrade page (providing you are in a country where unlimited is available):

https://www.spotify.com/purchase/product/unlimited/?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I Am in Spain, and is suposed that Unlimited is unavalaible any more because I tried all the ways without good news. In any case i am unlimited since 2011 and I want to be unlimited. 

Nobody told me that it will not be possible to return to unlimited if I go to premium.

As I said, I want to pay 5โ‚ฌ/month, I will not pay 10โ‚ฌ/month.

Any solutions?

Did you try cancelling and then resubscribing? There are a few posts about this today so I'm asking about to see if there have been any changes.

Peter

Thanks, Peter,

this one was the right solution

Have you even noticed that premium provides maximus sound quality 320 kbps when normal is 160 kbps?

Or is there no need for this feature?

Hi,

i had upgraded to premium from unlimited because i went on holidays and wanted to have music on my phone. I don't use this feature back home in Germany, so I want to go back to unlimited. I cannot downgrade anymore at all, I have canceled my Premium subscription and hoped it would offer me unlimited, but no way.

Please provide a link to go back to unlimited, otherwiese I'll cancel my subscription completely.

Thanks

@el_mingus - Can you resubscribe here?

Peter

No, the link that you provided only offers me the 9.99 Euro version.

Iยดm about to do the same mistake! I donยดt want the premium version, i want Unlimited!!! There are other ways of getting music out there than pay 10 dollars per month! itยดs super expensive! I will cancel my subscription if i canยดt continue with unlimited, as iยดm sure many others will do too.

My old credit card does not work any more and I just like to enter my new credit card number and continue my Spotify Unlimited subscription. But I only get the option to enter my new payment information and at the same time upgrade to premium and that is not what I want. How can I enter my new payment information without upgrading to premium?

I used this way (by Peter) and it worked:

Cancel your current subscription:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Then go directly to the Unlimited upgrade page (providing you are in a country where unlimited is available):

Looks like you can still get it from the UK, but not from Germany. Would a proxy do the trick?

@el_mingus - Should definitely be available in Germany, is your account currently on Free? A proxy won't work as the country of your Spotify account must match the address of your registered payment method.

Peter

It's still on premium for another ten days, will then go back to free.

Doesn't seem to be possible in the UK.

I upgraded when I went on holiday. I am sure at the time the page said I could return to my old package after - this was part of the blurb on the page about why it was so good for going abroad.

I now can't return to my old package.  I was misled and am left feeling like I've been ripped off by a friend.

Add to that the patronizing "2 cups of coffee" guff on the exit pages and it's all pretty pathetic from Spotify.

Have just unsubsrcibed while I check out other options. It's a shame as I loved Unlimited. 

@el_mingus - Your account needs to drop to free before you can access the page.

@PrinceBlucher - Just checked my UK free account and it definitely can access the Unlimited upgrade page still. If you want to give it a go, you need to cancel your Premium, wait for your account to drop to Spotify Free after all of your paid days are used up then go to:

Peter

Suggested posts