Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited

Solved!

Spotify Unlimited

I accidently upgraded to spotify premium from the unlimited plan, how do I get it back? I do not wan't permium because I do not have spotify on my phone but I do not want the free version with adds. I was really enjouying the one I had but now I connot get it back...

54 Replies

I am not a student anymore, so I can't use the student option without a university's adress. Is there a way to go back to unlimited? Why was i not notified I couldn't go back? I find this extremely uncool....

Marked as solution

Unfortunately Spotify Unlimited is no longer available as a subscription option (currently running Unlimited subscriptions are unaffected). The choice on Spotify is now Free or Premium only. 

If you wish to complain, you should get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Kudos the idea to bring back spotify unlimited to get it going:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-Spotify-Unlimited/idi-p/911801

Hi , 

Today , I just start using spotify , at my subscription pages it writes`You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2015-02-19. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account.` 

at your receipts parts it writes 

`

ORDER IDDATEPRICE
541741088010 2015-02-12 $0.00

what does it mean. 

@asx 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi.

I have a question to those who had to cancel their subscribtion (because of unwanted or only temporary wanted upgrade to premium) and go back to free before they could re-subscribe to unlimited:

What happens to you playlists if you downgrade to free? I have a great amount of playlists and it would be very time-consuming to recreate them in case they got deleted or something... Are there any other effects but advertisement interruptions when changing to free?

Right now I'm still on unlimited mode but what happened to you could happen to me and I want to be prepared.

Spotify is in general very untransparent and undetailed when it comes to information about account types. So I never could figure out if in free mode the number of self created playlists is limited or the number of tracks per playlist...

Did anyone experience inconveniences regarding their playlists, folders or apps after changing to free?

regards,

izack

@izack 

If you downgrade to free, you playlists will be safe. They won't be deleted.

Playlists are not limited in free mode. You can make as many playlists as you want.

Also, just an FYI, the unlimited plan has been discontinued for over a year now. Once you cancel your unlimited plan you will not be able to get it back. You will only have two options: Free plan or Premium plan

If you need help,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not planning on downgrading to free. I gladly pay 5€ every month to be able to use spotify without interruptions and with the desktop software. If I will ever be forced to downgrade to free or upgrade to premium I will choose free and then check the streaming market again (compare alternatives). Hopefully someone will offer a nice solution for people who dont own a smartphone or can't or won't use their smartphone to listen to music for some reason.

Btw: I would upgrade to premium and use spotify in offline mode on my phone if i could scrobble the tracks to lastfm. Last time I checked (February 2015) this was not possible. So the smatphone app is useless to me because i like to keep track of my listening behaviour.

NO 😞

not workin in UK either

not working for me!!!

Sorry Spotify but if Unlimited isn't available any more you're losing a customer. Many of us tried the free Premium trial thinking we could go back to Unlimited and now it's not available? Not cool.

I just upgraded to Premium because I thought that saving my songs offline would make it possible to use them in my car, but I learned that the songs are encrypted, which I should have known (Spotify could effectively be an extremely cheap music download service otherwise).

But now I see that unlimited isn't available. I don't need the extra features of Premium since I don't have a smartphone, and my speakers aren't good enough to appreciate the quality difference that premium provides. But I think I can accept it, because I heard that many artists say the very low revenue from Spotify was making a lot of them poor. So I just hope that these extra few dollars a month mainly goes to the artists. But I know nobody really knows on this forum. This forum seems to be for asking questions that can be answered by asking google. E.g. obvious stuff or marketing "knowledge". Either way I'm fortunate enough that the doubling price of my subscription isn't a budget crasher at all, so I'm accepting to live with it. But for poorer people this probably isn't the case, so I'm not sure it's the best solution they've come up with. As you can probably tell, I'm assuming they removed unlimited exactly because unlimited wasn't profitable enough.

Anyway, I'm just letting people know. I don't really believe I can get something informal out of these forums, about this subject. Take care.

So...effectively, you guys decided to double the price without any notice at all?

I had no money in my account last time the payment was supposed to go through so I got degraded to Spotify Free and now I can't get my unlimited account back.

Way to treat a paying customer since 10 years back.

Daniel Ek's ever-growing greed knows no bounds.

Funny that you know Daniel Ek's name but don't seem to know that Spotify hasn't yet been a profitable company. Or if you do know, how can you argue that he's greedy if they can't make it profitable? As far as I can see, it's us, the customers that get the best deal out of this by far. The musicians are underpaid and the company is operating at a loss. In an ideal world, music should be free to distribute and professional musicians should be able to eat. Spotify is arguably the most popular compromise since the advent of Napster changed the industry.

Suggested posts