Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Username Appears as Random Characters

Solved!

Spotify Username Appears as Random Characters

As of a few weeks ago, my Spotify username has changed to be a series of random characters. I've read elsewhere that this is something to do with Facebook and whether or not you use Facebook to login. On my account page, it still says my username as it was before, but on all instances of Spotify, it is the random series.

Well I've not deleted my Facebook account and still use Facebook to login, but my name does not change on Spotify. This is not an issue that just appears on my end, my friends also just see a random string of numbers and letters (see attached).

Any way to fix it?

57211890620__1D20F0AB-129F-467A-B88D-37A29710E6F0.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Closey@omar_erre@peterbeau and @Dionisus,

It sounds like Spotify isn't able to view your Facebook information anymore. Check out this page to learn how to fix this.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I hate this thing too, when I look to my playlist say something similar,is so wrong

Same here, plus my avatar is not displayed anymore...

try to change your password! a really hard one to guess!!

Marked as solution

Hey @Closey@omar_erre@peterbeau and @Dionisus,

It sounds like Spotify isn't able to view your Facebook information anymore. Check out this page to learn how to fix this.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This was the solution! Thanks for the tip @Guido.
Even though this comes pretty close to 'blackmailing'... don't you think??

I understand that Spotify is making money in collecting Social-Media-data from its users. Still: allowing to collect user data shouldn't be a pre-requisite to be able to use Spotify normally.

It would be nice if there was a platform/social media site that wouldn't f*** their clueless users. Actually Spotify, as a major actor between right-holders (major labels, small labels or artists), consumers, and what-not - would be in the perfect position to do so, ...just be more transparent! 🙂

Hi @all 

Go to Spotify.com click your profile on the top-right. Go to Privacy Settings, then click process my facebook data. It should fix. 

Cheers! 

KSB.

I’ve made and deleted about 3 accounts and all of the names were turned into a line of random characters

im having this issue and my friends cant find my account via searching my username and looking for profiles which stinks

Suggested posts