Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Username Completely Random

Solved!

Spotify Username Completely Random

Hi,

I know many people have been facing a similar issue, where their username is a series of random letters and/or numbers, as they have signed up using Facebook, however, I recently created this account through the official sign up page (online), using my email. There was no option whatsoever to add a custom username, but it allowed me to choose a name.

After signing up, I checked my spotify settings and it said my username was 

hm68pxslvytmfw8bsemlxf2rk

This is very inconvenient, and sometimes, I forget my email, the only close to memorizable way of signing in to Spotify. I would like an option to get a username of my choice to sign in with.

Please reply to this Spotify, or someone willing to help get a username, or to transfer my playlists to a new account with a custom username.

Thanks,

xDissr

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Haha no, I know what you're talking about.

As mentioned in my last post, it's no longer possible to choose a username. You can now only get an automatically generated username.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random letters and numbers.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can access your account with your email address and password.

During signup, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any name you like 🙂

Note: It's not possible to log in with the profile name.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim, and thanks for the response. I am aware of this, however I don't see how this has anything to do with 'improving the overall Spotify experience' and I certainly don't see how such a warbled username helps anyone. I am aware o f everything else, however I am looking for a way to create a new account with a custom username, or a renamed account, or possibly a new account with my playlists and username of my choice.

xDissr

You can sign up for a new account at https://spotify.com/signup. It allows you to choose a new display name when doing that.

After you've done that, you can reach out to Support so they can transfer all your saved music to your new account. Please note that it's not possible to choose a username now.

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim

Thanks for the reply, but I think you are misunderstanding me. I have no issue with the 'display name' which I would like as xDissr, however it's my 'username' to sign in which is a huge inconvenience, and I would like a change of this, which is what I'm saying

Hope Someone has a solution

xDissr

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Haha no, I know what you're talking about.

As mentioned in my last post, it's no longer possible to choose a username. You can now only get an automatically generated username.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts