Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Stop Charging Me Even After I Cancelled My Subscription

Solved!

Spotify Won't Stop Charging Me Even After I Cancelled My Subscription

I cancelled my subscription months ago and you thieves are still charging my account.  There is no customer service number or e-mail.  I swear I'll spend all my free time (which is quite plentiful) trying to get something to go vrial telling the world what scumbags you are.  You have been charging me for months after I cancelled, and when I try to cancel now it says I'm signed up for spotify free.  I don't even use your program and haven't for months!  This is an outrage!!!  I will go to my bank tomorrow and contest the charges as far back as they will let me, then I will start making videos and writing blog posts and etc about the lack of ethics at your so called company.

50 Replies

I hope so !!!

This is happening to me too.

i cancelled months ago, yet they still continue to charge me. I'm going to have to report fraud to my credit card company if I can't get a response.

How do you cancel this darn Spotify subscription

I want my Spotify canceled I ask already but you continue to charge me if you don't I will go to the bank or better business burnea.i do not want Spotify at all.

I've tried to cancel this subscription on May 25th. and these crooks give instructions how to cancel that lead no where.
Have not used account since May and they have chargrd me every month since.
What the **bleep** so you have to do to cancel spotify premium?????

same problem here! they have been charging me even after I cancelled my subscription. but when I was still subscribed, I've always been charged twice! spotify and iTunes! it's been months since i've cancelled my subscription due to double charging but still, I am charged till now. and I am finding a solution on how to get rid of it!

They also charged me. I already unsubscribe to my plan ahead of time? I signed up for 3 months promo 9php, but I decided not to continue. BEFORE my subscription ends I already unsubribed but they still charged ne.Spotify can look up unto your records you will know what I mean. Even though its just a small amount it is still a form of cheating. Attached screenshots for reference.
Screenshot_2016-09-13-11-39-20.jpg
Screenshot_2016-09-13-11-41-49.jpg

Hey there @daBidborasca and welcome to the community!

This doesn't look right. I'd suggest you get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so that they can take a look under the hood for you 🙂 To do that, you can send them a tweet or DM to their twitter @SpotifyCares or by using the contact form. Keep in mind that if you use the form, you'll get an automated reply directing you back to the help pages that you will need to reply to, even if it's a no-reply!

Support is usually very fast in getting back, within 24-48 hours.

Hope this helped you!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I think I am gonna go email the atty general here in indiana. I wonder what the SEC would feel about this as well.

Hey @Coprock01,

We'd be more than happy to get to the bottom of this. If you send your account's email address over to SpotifyCares via Twitter, Facebook, or the Contact Form, we'll have it sorted in no time 🙂 

/L

I am livid they charged me last month refused to give me a credit insisted I had another account and now charged mm e again tried the suggestions made here and to no avail do I need to have my bank take matters into their own hands and I even e-mailed the cancellation e-mail please help

Hey there @Saxtondiana, welcome to the community!

Don't worry 🙂 Let's try to get to the bottom of this. First of all, would you mind going through this survey to see if you have a duplicate account? Also, did you contact support on Twitter or the contact form? If you used the second, did you make sure to check your Spam folder? Sometimes emails like to hide in there 🙂

Let me know how this helped,

K

I'm in the same boat.  I cancelled online and now it shows no receipting but they charged me again.  There is no frickin way to reach these folks directly.  Only through a contact form.  I will NEVER do this again.  Adding insult to injury, it was free for 2 months and my kid signed up for it.  We didn't figure that out for 6 more months (he wasn't even using the service) and then they increased the fee.  We accidentally figured it out when we had an Itune charge and traced it back.  Immediatley, we cancelled it but we just got billed again.  This is frustrating beyond belief.

Hey there @logoldsteins, welcome to the community!

That seems odd. It sounds like you subscribed via a third party service, like iTunes. If that's the case, you'll need to cancel directly through that service. Specifically, make sure to check out Apple's instructions for canceling if you subscribed through iTunes.

Let me know how this helped!

K

You might think so but then why did spotify allow me to cancel and previously show receipting.  Perhaps I got cancelled but they billed again.  I can't explain it but It's pretty darn frustrating.

I may have to dispute the charges through the credit card company or perhaps cancel the credit card (a bit extreme but I'm wiling to do it if I have to).  How annoying.

Hey again @logoldsteins 🙂

It would be explained if you did subscribe via another service. Since that service handles the payment, unless you cancel from that service directly, you may keep getting charged despite cancelling on Spotify's site. If you haven't subscribed via a third party service, could you have a second Premium subscription?

K

I cancelled subscription in October, I am not Premium and still got charged in November and December. 2 x 9.90 USD.  I wrote already quite few messages even through PayPal - also followed your resolution - but I only get BS messages back asking me to go in circles.

Can you please help? It is really frustrating.

Hey there @nic30, welcome to the community!

That doesn't t sound right. The first thing you can do is check for your cancellation email. All users get one when they cancel successfully. If you can't locate it (make sure to check in your Spam folder too!) it could be that you didn't complete the cancellation process correctly.

However if you do find it, and yet you still got charged, I'd suggest you get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so that they can take a look backstage for you.

You can drop them a line on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

Let me know if this helped!

K

I canceled my subscription last year September 2016.I am still being charged 9.99 USD every month. There is no customer service number or e-mail.  I’ve called my bank and opened a dispute for the charges. 

Suggested posts