Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Update Facebook Activity Log even though it is enabled

Spotify Won't Update Facebook Activity Log even though it is enabled

spotify won't update my Facebook Activity Log even though it is enabled in both my Spotify App and within Facebook as well.

Have tried logging out of everything, removing the app from Facebook, then putting it back and starting from scratch, but makes no difference. Also tried re-installing Spotify app on my computer.

I won't be going Premium until this is resolved.

In Spotify App I am connected to Facebook (I have logged in with my Facebook, not just my usual ID), "Publish my activity on Spotify" is ticked, "Publish me as a Top Listener for artists" is ticked, and "Show my current Top Artists" is ticked. I am definitely Connected to Facebook as the option to disconnect is there. "Share my activity on Facebook" is also ticked and I show my friends feed.

Within Facebook, if I got to Security Settings and click "Apps", Spotify is there and under "App visibility and post audience" it is set to "public". Also "lets the app post on your behalf" is ticked. Yet nothing from Spotify appears on my Activity Log or in my "Music" section.

I also have Deezer and it seems to update things fine on my Facebook, everything I listen to on Deezer does appear on my Facebook Activity Log, so I have no idea why Spotify doesn't seem to when I have connected it to my Facebook and enabled everything.

16 Replies

To update this thread, I was e-mailed several replies from Spotify. Two of the replies said that an original Spotify account that was setup through my Facebook years ago has gone corrupt and that they should delete it as it has no associated playlists. (They clearly couldn't view the fact that my Facebook was linked to my usual Spotify account). They asked for my postcode and DOB in order to delete the dormant corrupt account so I supplied the details and asked them to delete it. My Facebook Spotify account (which I didn't know even existed) was then deleted.

Another reply came through this morning from Spotify saying:

"As for updating your Facebook Activity Log, Facebook has stopped third party applications from updating the activity log so this option is unavailable." 

I don't believe this to be the case at all as my Deezer account is still able to update my Facebook Activity Log, so why not Spotify?

Following the deletion of my Facebook Spotify Account this morning I reconnected my Facebook with my usual Spotify Account and it still isn't posting to my Activity Log!

In the Spotify Program I am connected to Facebook, and "share my activity on Facebook" is ticked. I am definitely Connected to Facebook as the option to disconnect is there (the Spotify Program gave me a popup from Facebook which I had to log into with my Facebook details).

Within Facebook, if I got to Security Settings and click "Apps", Spotify is there and under "App visibility and post audience" it is set to "friends". Under where it says "post" it has a tick where it says "Lets the app post on your behalf. These posts may appear on your Timeline and in News Feed. View them all in your Activity Log".

The accounts are connected and all the permisions arethere, yet nothing from Spotify appears on my Facebook Activity Log or in my "Music" section. Does anyone have any other ideas?

As Spotify were unable to resolve this issue, I also messaged Facebook about it. It worked for a few hours one day last week (after some strange Spotify Firewall Prompts) and my Activity Log was update for those few hours only, but the following day was back to not working again.

Still unresolved. Help anyone?

I have the same issue. 

Same issue here too!

Spotifycares tweeted me to say that activity is no longer automatically published on Facebook. The developers of a music sharing app I use says the issue lies with Spotify no longer pushing activity to Facebook. My last play was recorded on 26th August

Thanks for the information jamiespencr. If Spotify are no longer pushing activity to Facebook, it makes you wonder they haven't removed the "share my activity on facebook" button or the "connect to facebook" button from the app? Nor do I understand why the popup to login with Facebook ID still pops up on Spotify after the fiirst song you have listened to in a while has finished playing (then once you fill in your Facebook login details it doesn't go through properly and looks like the popup is broken). I don't get why they wouldn't just remove that popup from appearing.

Spotify: if your product really has stoppped pushing activity to Facebook, why not remove the "share my activity on facebook" button and from the app, and ensure the popup to login to facebook no longer appears after a song has finished playing? Has there been an announcement about the fact that you are no longer pushing activity to Facebook? Could you confirm it here so that I (and others who find their way to this thread) know what is going on. If this is truly the case I won't be buying premium subscription again, as Deezer offers more for the same money and even the free version works flawlessly when it comes to pushing listening history to Facebook! Thanks.

Update - as of 29th October FB started publishing playlist based activity (created/added) but still no song plays... However - today's Spotify iOS update appears to have fixed it to an extent - to plays showing on activity so far, I'll keep an eye on it...

No more song play activity since the two random ones yesterday...

Thanks for your updates jamiespencr. Hope they get it sorted soon. Still unsure if it's actually a software glitch or something Spotify have chosen to happen.

Still the occasional sporadic song track but no activity bar 'Updated Spotify playlist' showing in my activity log for over a week now...

Slightly more frequent activity showing up but seemingly no rhyme or reason behind with songs track. I probably get around 1/50 songs logging on Facebook. Annoying!

I have exactly the same trouble and it's what brought me here. I also deleted my Spotify account in FB then started all over again. Still no sign of Spotify life in my FB. My last activity seen in my FB activity log was in August last year. Oh, well...

I am having this problem just now in 2017 and can say for certain that it has been working on my activity log up until today

i believe this issue it something to due with a maclicious spamming quiz app that you can't ever fully get rid of

Mine stopped working about a month ago

not just yours, pretty much everyone, spotify just stopped sending acttvity (as acknowledged by spotifycares FB account) . "Too much" volume to still be worth it I guess, one more service removed.

Suggested posts