Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify abroad but I live abroad

Spotify abroad but I live abroad

Hi can you please assist me to change my country to UAE, I no longer live in Australia and Spotify has now locked me out so cannot update my details. Also my premium payment has failed as it is linked to my Australian credit card which I cancelled. Thank you
3 Replies

Hey there @Queen_shanti, welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to say, at this time, Spotify is not available in the United Arab Emirates. Since you are now living in the UAE, a subscription cannot be bought as Spotify doesn't offer Premium in the UAE and doesn't accept billing details from the UAE. Although, Spotify is expanding fast and they hope to expand to the UAE soon! Be sure to add your e-mail at https://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/ for updates on Spotify launching your country!

Although, you should be able to login to your account through a web browser to cancel your current subscription. Are you able to cancel your subscription here?

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Damnit 😞 can I still have a free account here?

@Queen_shanti wrote:
Damnit 😞 can I still have a free account here?

Sadly, no. 😞 The only way to listen in the UAE is if you are visiting and have an active Premium subscription. If you are living in the UAE and have Premium since the account is based on a different location, then that would be going against the Terms and Conditions of Spotify.

As for all your music on your account and such, Spotify will keep it safe and secured so that when they launch in the UAE, everything will still be in the right place. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts