Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify account deactivated and disappeared - reverted back to old account?!?!

Spotify account deactivated and disappeared - reverted back to old account?!?!

Didn't have the money in my account last Thursday to renew my Premium subscription and didn't get round to paying it up until last night when I went to pay and it wouldn't let me; the page wouldn't load. So when I got home just after midnight from where I had previously been, I went to open up my spotify and it's showing me really old playlists from my free account I owned a few years back... Where have my carefully collaborated playlists disappeared off to?!?!?! Will I ever get them back? I then went to sign in to pay manually and it is saying my password doesn't work, and when I went to get a new one sent to my email it is saying no "active" spotify account is associated with that email. Then went to sign in onto the account I have from a few years ago which is apparently now the one associated with my current Facebook account, my email has reverted back to the one I owned ages ago. So confused, I just want my playlists and (now) deactivated account back?!?!

11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Since it sounds like you might have multiple accounts in the system, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this a little closer for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Only thing is, the email it's reverted back to I can no longer get onto - does this mean I won't be able to read the reply? It is just starting to sound so complicated now, seriously considering just giving up on spotify...

(And I have already used this online contact form, but no reply as of yet unless they did reply to my old email of evangeliine@live.co.uk, but I did state in the email what my current one is!

@xoxoevie wrote:

(And I have already used this online contact form, but no reply as of yet unless they did reply to my old email of evangeliine@live.co.uk, but I did state in the email what my current one is!

They should reply to the other address if you specified that in your message. 

You can also drop another email using this form and then they will definitely reply to the correct address 😉 

Peter

Peter

Still no reply two days later since the last one... what is this?! I have no recollection of the music i've discovered and saved to my playlist in the 10 months or so?! Getting quite annoyed now.

@xoxoevie wrote:

Still no reply two days later since the last one... what is this?! I have no recollection of the music i've discovered and saved to my playlist in the 10 months or so?! Getting quite annoyed now.

Do you have a case number that I can pass over to the community team to chase up for you? It will be in the automated reply you get when you get in touch. 

Peter

Peter

A case number? What's that?

Yopu receive an case number to your email.

@xoxoevie wrote:

A case number? What's that?

hpguru is correct, it will be in the first automated email reply you get when you submit a contact form. 

Peter

Peter

I haven't been emailed anything!!! It's been 2 weeks now i'm pretty f***** off now. All that money I've spent on your shoddy program, and a lot of time spent saving songs in my playlists and because I miss a payment they're all gone.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear you've not had a response, I can appreciate your frustration.

We'll do what we can to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible.

After a little look on our system I can see that the replies were being sent to your old e-mail address.

I have now updated this and resent the e-mail to your new e-mail address. This will also be the case for any new replies.

Best wishes,

Jamie

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts