Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify account hacked

Spotify account hacked

Dear community,

This morning I woke up logged out of all my devices. Really confused I tried to reset my password on the website, however I was unable to do so. Next thing I know, in my email inbox I receive an emai from spotify notifying someone has changed my email that was bound to this account (see attachment). Instantly I sent an email back to spotify trying to resolve this problem, however I have not had any response yet. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards!

Screenshot 2016-04-11 at 08.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @roshanbharos,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Spotifys Customer Support usually replies within 24-48 hours 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks! Literally received no word from them since 8am, so been a bit worried and slightly annoyed haha.. I guess I will wait??

Hey @roshanbharos,

Spotify Support will get back to you as soon as possible. If you don't hear back within 48 hours, just let me know.

MaximSpotify Star

i got the same thing too. so what am i suppose to do, just sit around for 2 days waiting for them to reply? how am i suppose to see what i have linked to this account to do damage control with? 

Hey @gnuworldorder,

Don't worry, Playlists can be recovered at https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/.

MaximSpotify Star

you do realize that my credit card is linked to that account right? i dont know what kind of information i have on that account that some random person now has access too. its kind of a big deal being breached and just sitting on my hands for 2 days. not to mention that i am PAYING for access an not recieving it.

Hey @gnuworldorder,

I don't think that you can view the full credit card info in your payment settings. If you already contacted Spotify Support and replied to the no-reply email telling you to visit the Community (if you got one of these emails), wait 24-48h and you will hear back from the Spotify Support.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts