Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify account recovery options on Android hardware

Solved!

Spotify account recovery options on Android hardware

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Android TV Box running Android kitkat or higher.

Operating System

Android OS

My Question or Issue

My father-in-law pays for premium and has no issues running it on his TV Android box but we've also tried to log him into a Windows 10 computer using his email address.  The Premium account does not appear to be tied to his email address.  I've tried logging in with the Username that is on the Android TV but he either doesn't remember the password or we can't log in using the profile name.

I've been throughout the settings on the Android TV but can't figure out how to see the account settings (ie: Account name, email address, etc...) How can this be found?  I don't want to log him off the account because then without knowing his password or what email it's set to then he might be not able to get back on.

From the Windows 10 machine he's logged into an account with his Email address but that appears to be a free account and there's no way to see his Premium account while logged into it.  When viewing the Account information through this it shows his email address, username, date of birth, etc...  This is the information we are trying to see through the Android settings.

The last thing I tried on his Android TV was to link the account to his Facebook.  On the Facebook login screen it took his username and password, prompted with his Facebook name.  Upon clicking on Continue it came up with an error at the bottom of the screen and did not link to his Facebook account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatCrazyCDN,

Good question. This is indeed more difficult than it should be. If just checked myself and tried the option share profile. So go to the profile page and tab the 3 dots. Next have a look at the link, for me, my login username was in there.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatCrazyCDN,

Good question. This is indeed more difficult than it should be. If just checked myself and tried the option share profile. So go to the profile page and tab the 3 dots. Next have a look at the link, for me, my login username was in there.

Regards,

René

Thanks Rene01. I was able to use this on my own device to confirm it works. I'll give this a try on his Android TV when I see him again.

Suggested posts